Demo of an iphone app called capo touch

jimcjimc

Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:06 pm

I mentioned this in another post last week. I purchased an app for my iphone called capo touch for $4.99.

I thought I would make a video to demo it. It is hard to film an iphone screen so I used some photos.

Max

Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:32 pm

WOW, looks very cool, is it accurate? Does it do its magic in real time? Can you save and print out the results.
Guess I can go to the app store look it up myself. ;)

jimcjimc

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi Max,

It is pretty cool. It can only analyze songs that you have in itunes on your device.

It starts out by processing the songs - doing its analysis for beats, chords, etc - it seems to take about 20-30 or so seconds per song.

You can save the "completed project" on the device or to icloud. I don't think you can easily print them out.

I have processed a few songs so far. Can't say how accurate it is. I did a song I know the chords to, Lay Lady, Lay. It got the chords right, with different voicing.

It has lots of features to learn songs: adding metronome, slowing down or speeding up. You can add chords if it missed some or change the voicing. You can capo it and see the chords transposed.

I don't have a good ear. I can't listen to a song and name the key it is in.

I just find it amazing I can do this for $4.99 on a computer that I carry in my pocket.

Jim

The same company has a companion product for the Mac called capo 3.

Max

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Thanks for the info.
It's amazing the technology you can get these days for a few buck, we live in an incredible era.

Music Junkie

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Jim:

That is a pretty cool app. Even if it is not perfect, it seems to be very helpful in getting a decent start. I use Chordify from time to time for the same thing. You can get some funny results, but it most of the time, it will at least point you in the right direction. Chordify will let you copy and past the url from any YT video and then it will process the audio and show you the chords it thinks are there.

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic