BSG D27 Rosewood demo by neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi guys and girls. Finally, I post the promised demo of my new BSG D27F Rosewood guitar.

I am in A432Hz tuning and in open D for the first couple of clips and then in A440Hz normal tuning to show how it sounds and for Scarboro' Faire (requested by Willem) I am back in A432Hz tuning. I am having a lot of fun playing my new baby and am working on new songs which I didn't want to show just yet as they are in need of more work but I am using a pick for the first time so please excuse the heavy hand at times!

Chris

daryl

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Extremely smooth playing. Heavy handed? I didn't see it or hear it. But the sound quality of the recording doesn't do your new guitar justice. Bummer. Thanks for the upload!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Thanks Daryl! Yeah sound quality no so good, had to use my iPhone or nothing would get posted. Once you edit the video and mangle it in the upload to YT, there's not much left!

daryl wrote:
Extremely smooth playing. Heavy handed? I didn't see it or hear it. But the sound quality of the recording doesn't do your new guitar justice. Bummer. Thanks for the upload!

wrench

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:46 pm

And now there's proof. Looking forward to more videos. The guitar sounds valuable, and your voice sounds priceless as ever.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Too kind Dan! Many thanks for tuning in. :)

wrench wrote:
And now there's proof. Looking forward to more viseos. The guitar sounds valuable, and your voice sounds priceless as ever.

sandysue

Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:10 pm

Wow Chris. I can't believe that you are just learning to use a pick. Good job. It must be that beautiful new guitar of yours. I like your voice.

Sandy

tombo1230

Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:28 pm

very nice Chris, lovely guitar and great pipes! :)
you seem to have got the hang of the pick ok. :)
just wondering where you filmed this?

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Many thanks Sandy and Tom! Yes, I am relatively new to using a pick, I have always used my fingers but with this guitar I need to make cleaner sounds to do it justice. I'm in the cellar Tom, only place where I could get some peace and quiet to record tody. I wanted to use the Tascam to record the sound but I ended up using the iPhone, bit of a sin really!

Music Junkie

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:43 pm

Oh Chris...... What a beaut..... Even though the audio is not perfect, I can tell that the BSG really projects! I don't think that you were "heavy handed", but I will admit that it was strange to see you with a pick.... :P As always, your voice was smooth and easy on the ears. I am so jealous of that, and admire the heck out of it.... I truly wish we could get a glimpse of that new guitar in a few weeks, and that you would have been able to make it out. Completely understand the circumstances, but still a little deflated. I can't wait to see where that new beauty takes you musically. Both in 432 and in 440....lol

Keep up the great work, and I will hoist a pint or two in your honor at the camp. I will also keep my fingers crossed that you might make it out to the West Coast sometime in the future... B)

Jason

willem

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:56 am

Chris thank you for showing your new guitar,,in the first clip I thought spontanious ''that sounds allmost like a 12 string" I think its the project thing Jason mentiond.

Thank you also for Scarboro,,I gonna take that as an example and go back on this great tune and the 432 is just perfect to my ears..

I am jelous for playing with the plectrum,,you did that very good...

cheers

Willem

P.S I liked the change with the glasses when playing the ''pretty woman riff'' . :laugh: B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic