GP6 Question

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Once you have the standard notation got to Edit or click F6 and get 'Track Properties' then check the Tab box see if that fixes it. Don't know about Arobas, I haven't heard anything from them for ages
Well...... I can get the box open, but the TAB box is greyed out, and I cannot check it.... I even tried changing the instrument from a piano to a guitar. No luck. However, as you can see from the pics, the name changed, but not the icon. It says guitar now, but still shows a piano icon. Maybe that has something to do with it...

I search on... ;)

Jason

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:31 am

Well, I gave Willem's idea a try again, but this time I made sure the instrument was a guitar. It worked. The results were nutty, to say the least, but it is a start... I think it may just be easier to start from scratch and input it by hand using the midi file as a guide. :blink: :blink:

willem

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:42 am

Music Junkie wrote:
Well, I gave Willem's idea a try again, but this time I made sure the instrument was a guitar. It worked. The results were nutty, to say the least, but it is a start... I think it may just be easier to start from scratch and input it by hand using the midi file as a guide. :blink: :blink:
I should have knowed that a midi file is a mess,, maybe more instruments involved?

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:51 am

willem wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
I should have knowed that a midi file is a mess,, maybe more instruments involved?
Willem:

Yes there were more instruments.... I just deleted the tracks that I didn't want though. Once I had it narrowed down to just the main melody/chords and bass notes, I copied those and pasted them into a new file and made sure the instrument was the guitar. I think what I need to do now is copy the melody/chords only and paste them in and then go back and add a second voice for the base notes... It should neaten it up a bit. The TAB is quite hilarious right now... :silly:

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic