GP6 Question

Music Junkie

Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:55 am

Hey guys:

I was reading that you could import a MIDI file into Guitar Pro and then convert the standard notation to TAB. Has anyone done this before? I imported a tune over the weekend, but could find no tools to convert it to TAB. I did find how to convert from Piano to Guitar in the soundbanks, but it still shows in standard notation. Although my music reading is slowly improving (from absolutely none to very close to none....), I was hoping to have some TAB to help me out.

If anyone has had some luck in this area, I would love to hear how.

Thanks,

Jason

P.S. Does anyone know what happened to the Arobas Music forums? I can no longer find them. I can get their site, and send them a support question, but the forums seem to be hidden from me....

willem

Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Hey guys:

I was reading that you could import a MIDI file into Guitar Pro and then convert the standard notation to TAB. Has anyone done this before? I imported a tune over the weekend, but could find no tools to convert it to TAB. I did find how to convert from Piano to Guitar in the soundbanks, but it still shows in standard notation. Although my music reading is slowly improving (from absolutely none to very close to none....), I was hoping to have some TAB to help me out.

If anyone has had some luck in this area, I would love to hear how.

Thanks,

Jason

P.S. Does anyone know what happened to the Arobas Music forums? I can no longer find them. I can get their site, and send them a support question, but the forums seem to be hidden from me....
Maybe do this,,copy the standard notation and add a new track ( for guitar) and hopla!! paste it in the new track

Willem

daryl

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Does this help?

Music Junkie

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:40 am

Willem:

That Idea might just work, I'll have to give it a go tonight after work. :)

Daryl:

That guy was all over the place.... :woohoo:
I sent a tech question into the support team, but I am still awaiting an answer. It will be interesting to hear what they say, if they get back to me.

Jason

daryl

Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:58 pm

I didn't really watch the video. I just saw that the guy was somehow generating standard music notation AND tab simultaneously.

Music Junkie

Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:17 pm

daryl wrote:
I didn't really watch the video. I just saw that the guy was somehow generating standard music notation AND tab simultaneously.
No worries..... I am sure it can be done, I just need to dig a bit deeper. ;)

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:45 pm

HI, This is relatively easy to do. In Guitar Pro main menu go to File then look for Import then select Midi, browse for your file and voila it's done. Please note the accuracy of this leaves a lot to be desired, you will need to fix (on most occasions) a lot weird stuff lol

Music Junkie

Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
HI, This is relatively easy to do. In Guitar Pro main menu go to File then look for Import then select Midi, browse for your file and voila it's done. Please note the accuracy of this leaves a lot to be desired, you will need to fix (on most occasions) a lot weird stuff lol
Chas:

I have made it that far, but when it comes in, it only has the standard notation. No TAB...

BTW, did the support forum disappear over at Arobas Music? I sent them a support question, but it has been over a week, and they have not responded. Makes me wonder.... :unsure:

J

Chasplaya

Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:57 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Chas:

I have made it that far, but when it comes in, it only has the standard notation. No TAB...

BTW, did the support forum disappear over at Arobas Music? I sent them a support question, but it has been over a week, and they have not responded. Makes me wonder.... :unsure:

J
Once you have the standard notation got to Edit or click F6 and get 'Track Properties' then check the Tab box see if that fixes it. Don't know about Arobas, I haven't heard anything from them for ages

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:24 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Once you have the standard notation got to Edit or click F6 and get 'Track Properties' then check the Tab box see if that fixes it. Don't know about Arobas, I haven't heard anything from them for ages
Nice, I'll give that a go tonight when I get home. Maybe that will clear it up!

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic