Are they CRAZY!!!! Unloved treasures.

tombo1230

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:21 am

Hi Shel,
I counted the guitars in my home last year and decided there were way too many, so I looked around and at least 4 of them were Claire's. One was her second ever guitar, which she played at school, (the first one exploded one night, another story :huh: :S :) ) and has been neglected ever since as she had newer ones. I new the guy next door was always interested in playing guitar, so with Claire's blessing I gave him it. He got on well with it and learned a few tunes, good job I thought, I have planted a seed and it has sprung out of the ground producing another guitar player. But it gets even better.......His 10 year old son has started playing now and is taking lessons on the same guitar and absolutely loves it!!! He is playing several tunes now and his 5 year old sister is strumming a ukulale which she calls her wee guitar. B)

All I am saying is, if you get fed up with your new found rescued guitar, then share the love, you never know, you may just inspire someone to be the next great thing in guitar playing. B) :)

Tom N.

michelew

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:50 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Shel,
I counted the guitars in my home last year and decided there were way too many, so I looked around and at least 4 of them were Claire's. One was her second ever guitar, which she played at school, (the first one exploded one night, another story :huh: :S :) ) and has been neglected ever since as she had newer ones. I new the guy next door was always interested in playing guitar, so with Claire's blessing I gave him it. He got on well with it and learned a few tunes, good job I thought, I have planted a seed and it has sprung out of the ground producing another guitar player. But it gets even better.......His 10 year old son has started playing now and is taking lessons on the same guitar and absolutely loves it!!! He is playing several tunes now and his 5 year old sister is strumming a ukulale which she calls her wee guitar. B)

All I am saying is, if you get fed up with your new found rescued guitar, then share the love, you never know, you may just inspire someone to be the next great thing in guitar playing. B) :)

Tom N.
Hi Tom.

I definitely believe in sharing the love.

I promise if I get sick of it I'll pass it on to someone who could use some music therapy.

I've been enjoying having a guitar in alternate tunings. However, I don't enjoy the feeling of playing it or the sound as much as my other two. It takes much more energy to make a decent sound and my fingers can't move as freely because they feel cramped up. But once I do get it sounding it can sound pretty good.

Don't worry it will get a new life if I stop paying attention to it.

Thanks for sharing.

M

tombo1230

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:01 am

michelew wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Shel,

Tom N.
Hi Tom.

I definitely believe in sharing the love.

I promise if I get sick of it I'll pass it on to someone who could use some music therapy.

I've been enjoying having a guitar in alternate tunings. However, I don't enjoy the feeling of playing it or the sound as much as my other two. It takes much more energy to make a decent sound and my fingers can't move as freely because they feel cramped up. But once I do get it sounding it can sound pretty good.

Don't worry it will get a new life if I stop paying attention to it.

Thanks for sharing.

M

B) :) :) :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic