Off topic - need help from an Audiophile

auntlynnie

Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Hey Wiley,
THanks so much for the schematic. It does make sense!
I will next begin to look at the woofers or sub-woofers or whatever they are. (on the label they say "Audio Concepts Sub 1".

While this system doesn't give us surround sound - it certainly is nice to hear the instruments so clearly.

We are carefully looking through our CDs trying to decide which one is worthy enough to be played next!

Cheers,
Lynn

wiley

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:18 am

auntlynnie

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:03 pm

And tonight, after another trip to MicroCenter (for even more banana connectors) we hooked up the woofers (or sub-woofers or whatever they are) and are happily listening to Dark Side of the Moon and reliving the big stereo sound we all remember from the 1970s.

My hard-of-hearing husband is so happy - he can really hear all the instruments again.

Cool.

Lynn

TGNeil

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:19 pm

auntlynnie wrote:
And tonight, after another trip to MicroCenter (for even more banana connectors) we hooked up the woofers (or sub-woofers or whatever they are) and are happily listening to Dark Side of the Moon and reliving the big stereo sound we all remember from the 1970s.

My hard-of-hearing husband is so happy - he can really hear all the instruments again.

Cool.

Lynn
There really is a huge difference hearing stuff on a high end stereo. I was just listening to a couple records I dug out for the News today and sat down and couldn't justify getting up and leaving till it was time to turn one over. Not much else got done today!

Neil

auntlynnie

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:47 am

Having this new sound system has me remembering how I used to just sit and listen to music and do nothing else. Somehow, over the years, I lost that habit and music became background for everything else. I hope to change that and have some purely listening time everyday.
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic