What are you working on?

michelew

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:11 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
There's no holding you back when you are in animation mode (my favourite) Shel! :-)

Apart from the fast strum on Question, I've been getting to grips with Gypsy (indeed I am mooching on the Moodies yet again!) as this is such an exciting lesson to follow. At the beginning it seemed like I would never be able to get up to speed for all the jumping around my left hand had to do to get the dynamics right but by following the slowly, slowly approach I very quickly reached the point where I am just about there where I need to be. Interesting how this learning is accumulative, there is direct carry-over on the skills you need for one song to the next. Add to that Venus and you can see where I am at. ;-)

Chris! More Moodies! I'm shocked! :P follow your bliss my friend. Post when you're up for it. I always love hearing you play and sing.

X
M

michelew

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:42 am

dekotaj wrote:
Hey there curious kat.
I think the last one posted by me was a Croce song. ( lovers cross )
Ive done a Denver tune.Working on a stones tune.( wild horses ). While my guitar gently weeps.( Santana version ). Trying to finish up a Fogelberg song ( run for the roses )This song I hand done capo at 2nd fret out of the G shape. It was a song I seen done on you tube.But will not play along with Dan records.So I'm doing it capo at the 5th play out of the C shape.I also just started CARLOS SANTANA- EUROPA. 17 pages of lead work.

As far as doing videos. Not in the plans right now. But I think I talked Lisa into buying me and ( mbrace ) for my birthday. Maybe some vids after I work with it for awhile.

Be good Sis.In my book you are a cooooool Kat.
Kev
Hey Kev my man, I've missed seeing you around here. I miss your posts too.

Hey that's one incredible lead. You'd have to be dead to not be moved by it.

Sorry to be so ignorant, but what's an mbrace? Typo?

And you're definitely a cool one.

Looking forward to seeing you do your thing. Have fun and good luck with the B'day pressie. You're one lucky man. But you know that already.

Shel

michelew

Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:16 am

auntlynnie wrote:
Wow, everyone is working on interesting songs!

I got inspired by Ed's FOTW of St. James Infirmary. I'm using the Arlo Guthrie chord progression. It is just fun to play. Not too difficult.

I'm also working on Hesitation Blues. It has a tricky spot that I'm finding a real challenge - I talked about it over on Jean's thread - but I'm working hard on it so that I can play it with another TGer in January when we get together to play.

Lynn
Hi Lynn,

The songs you work on are always interesting and a bit unusual.

The Hesitation Blues, hasn't that got to give you pause by definition? :)

Sounds like January will be fun. I'm speculating as to who the mystery person is already. A few come to mind. :)

M

dekotaj

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:31 am

Sorry to be so ignorant, but what's an mbrace? Typo?

Hey Sis. I had to find out what one was also. I seen it in a Santana vid.It is a way to have the guitar stand alone,with out holding it.

I like the way Chris put together our vid of Rainy day people. I think by using the mbrace,it would be a nice way of helping me hold the guitar at the right angle when standing. Making it easier to keep my left hand in good position???We will see.

Kev

Her is a look at the other song by Santana. Trying to work on the guitar fills.

And also the Stones song,wild horses.Working on fills.Got most of it worked out.Just need to finish the lead section.

And the Denver song is.

Be COOL,cool kat
Kev

michelew

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:26 pm

WOW Kev! Fantastic stuff you're working on there. Woo wee! :) Who knew that While My Guitar Gently Weeps could be that sexy. Actually sexy seems to be the theme here. :)

Santana - GOSH can that man play.

Will we see you doing Santana's moves too while you're playing? :)

The mbrace is cool.

Shel

Lavallee

Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi Shel,

I am working on eye in the sky, wrapped around your finger and the little drummer boy on finger picking. Also pinball wizard (for ever :( and Jumping Jack Flash on strumming. Nothing fancy but I like them all.

Thanks for all your threads

Marc

jimbo58

Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:53 am

Kev
Just listened to "Lady" by John Denver.

Ohmygosh, what a beautiful song

beautiful Lyrics
beautiful guitar playing
beautiful singing

But thats typical John Denver.................. what a loss to the world when he was killed.

michelew

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:35 am

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Shel,

I am working on eye in the sky, wrapped around your finger and the little drummer boy on finger picking. Also pinball wizard (for ever :( and Jumping Jack Flash on strumming. Nothing fancy but I like them all.

Thanks for all your threads

Marc
Hey Marc you've been quiet but you're working on cool stuff as always. And you're welcome. :) Don't resist if you get the urge to post. :)

Jim - I agree. So what are you up to mate?

dekotaj

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:11 am

michelew wrote:
Who knew that While My Guitar Gently Weeps could be that sexy. Actually sexy seems to be the theme here. :)
Shel[/quote]

Hey Sis.
Yes the Latino people are very passionate. Just got to love the beat of the music.
Who knew that While My Guitar Gently Weeps could be that sexy.

I like the way Santana made the song about a woman some how in a troubled life.And finds away out.And music was the way out for her.Just a sucker for a happy ending.

Kev

dekotaj

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:26 am

jimbo58 wrote:
Kev
Just listened to "Lady" by John Denver.

Ohmygosh, what a beautiful song

beautiful Lyrics
beautiful guitar playing
beautiful singing

But thats typical John Denver.................. what a loss to the world when he was killed.
Yes. we lost a great singer and songwriter.

Kev.
Hey Jim this is a very easy song to play.I've had it finished for sometime now. I'm sure I still have the tab laying around some were if you would like to try it. If so p.m. me I'll see if I can find it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic