What are you working on?

jayswett

Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Let's see. As usual, my practicing is very undisciplined and poorly organized. Having said that, I guess I'd say my two primary items of interest at the moment are Signe and Nothing Else Matters. I like that tricky intro to Nothing Else Matters. As for signed, I've been working on it for a while now and have it mostly down, but still some work to do on it. I'd like to get started on Classical Gas at some point, but with Thanksgiving just around the corner, I'd imagine I'll work again on Alices's Restaurant.

wiley

Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:30 pm

michelew

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:13 pm

jay - gosh you're not one for taking on small challenges. Great stuff.

Wiley - haha! Well we all play better when we're fitter I'm sure; body, mind and soul. You may well inspire Neil and Vanessa to start doing GuitarFit videos. Hmmmm... I can see it now, Neil doing GuitarTaiChi videos which combine stretching and strengthening with cool stage performance poses; Nessa showing us the benefits of mind over matter and how to get into a hand stand (to really pump those guitar muscles) while reciting the circle of fifths (to exercise the muso mind). :)

jimbo58

Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi michelle

at the moment I'm working on "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel, which is part picked and part strummed. It's not too hard to play, however, as with everything that I attempt, trying to commit it to memory is one of the most difficult things for me to do.

I've also got down my Hagstrome L.P. electric which has been hanging on the wall collecting dust so I think I will start having fun with that too.

It is interesting to see what everybody is working on as there is some interesting and fun things there and it has given me some food for thought.
Jim

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Ah, open G you mentioned and I said I don't.... well, apparently I do, er did. SO I travelled up an Alp to play it for you Shel.... see Busking The Swiss Alps....

michelew

Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Jim you're working on some cool piece. Have fun with the electric. Want to show us your stuff?

Chris, BRILLIANT! Best postcard ever!

sandysue

Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi everyone

It's really fun to hear what all of you guys are working on right now. I'm kind of all over the map myself. I'm working on fretboard geography and a little bit on ear training so I'm busy watching Neil's videos and practicing scales on the guitar. I'm using my pick to practice scales so I can get better at using a pick. I'm also practicing the songs that I already know so that I dont forget how to play them. :S

Sandy

loek

Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:07 am

Hi nice Thread!
I'm working on Ian Andersons "Salamander" (Jethro Tull) which is in DADGAD Tuning. It's so very tricky, I believe i can never manage to be ble to Play that one. Well, smile, Thats what I always thought in the beginning...
No it's always hard :P
so thats what I'm working on ;)
Loek

TGNesh

Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:57 am

Well I'm working on the next TG-lesson, and the next and the next.....something like that! ;)

But other than that, I'm actually playing a LOT, all the songs that I couldn't think of while being at IGC. With people around me, all of a sudden I go blank :blink: (Oh sure I could think of a cóuple :S ).....annoying as %$^#%@...... :angry: So it's actually really nice. Also playing the piano more (catching up on things at Totally Keyboards) and like Wiley, joined Totally Vocals a couple of days again. Getting through the beginners course now. Lip roll and such, haha! :laugh:

All in all, musically enough to keep me occupied! :silly:

:)

Ness

jayswett

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:21 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Well I'm working on the next TG-lesson, and the next and the next.....something like that! ;)

But other than that, I'm actually playing a LOT, all the songs that I couldn't think of while being at IGC. With people around me, all of a sudden I go blank :blink: (Oh sure I could think of a cóuple :S ).....annoying as %$^#%@...... :angry: So it's actually really nice. Also playing the piano more (catching up on things at Totally Keyboards) and like Wiley, joined Totally Vocals a couple of days again. Getting through the beginners course now. Lip roll and such, haha! :laugh:

All in all, musically enough to keep me occupied! :silly:

:)

Ness
Any chance you'd tell us which lessons you are working on? Just so that we can prepare mentally? Pretty please?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic