What are you working on?

michelew

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:36 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Well I'm working on the next TG-lesson, and the next and the next.....something like that! ;)

But other than that, I'm actually playing a LOT, all the songs that I couldn't think of while being at IGC. With people around me, all of a sudden I go blank :blink: (Oh sure I could think of a cóuple :S ).....annoying as %$^#%@...... :angry: So it's actually really nice. Also playing the piano more (catching up on things at Totally Keyboards) and like Wiley, joined Totally Vocals a couple of days again. Getting through the beginners course now. Lip roll and such, haha! :laugh:

All in all, musically enough to keep me occupied! :silly:

:)

Ness
YEEEEEEHH!!!!! We're SOOOOOO lucky! Woo hoo! :) :) :)

No rest for the WICKEDLY TALENTED hey Nessa!?! :P

Just keep doin' what you're doin'.

michelew

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:49 pm

sandysue wrote:
Hi everyone

It's really fun to hear what all of you guys are working on right now. I'm kind of all over the map myself. I'm working on fretboard geography and a little bit on ear training so I'm busy watching Neil's videos and practicing scales on the guitar. I'm using my pick to practice scales so I can get better at using a pick. I'm also practicing the songs that I already know so that I dont forget how to play them. :S

Sandy
Hey Sandy,

Working on foundation stuff is so important. I REALLY need to do the same.

By the way, (responding to a previous post...I think, or a previous version of this one) when I was at the Seattle camp the songs that I thought I knew pretty well either removed themselves from my memory completely of sort of fell apart; not always, but often. Playing in front of live people is still my biggest stressor. Actually on the weekend I tried to record a Jason Mraz number i've been working on. It sounded great when I was playing against the album in my lounge room after midnight when the rest of my house was asleep and I could just get into the groove and feeling of the song. Once tried to record it (and sing it) it sounded like.... I think the technical term is 'crap'! Or complete rubbish. There were way too many cut off and dead notes to even think about posting it and ... Well reality really bites sometimes. :).

It was also a reminder that I need to get songs to the point where I can sing them too before trying to record. It's the best way to ensure that you've got the structure right and you've got the expression just right too. Live and learn.

michelew

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:53 pm

loek wrote:
Hi nice Thread!
I'm working on Ian Andersons "Salamander" (Jethro Tull) which is in DADGAD Tuning. It's so very tricky, I believe i can never manage to be ble to Play that one. Well, smile, Thats what I always thought in the beginning...
No it's always hard :P
so thats what I'm working on ;)
Loek
Loek,

A BIG hello from cool and cloudy Sydney. Salamander! Wow! It would be great to see you post your progress on that project. If it wasn't hard everyone would play right?!?!

See you around.

M

sandysue

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi Michele

The open mic experience was very scary. The first 2 nights I played instrumentals that I thought I knew well including Bermuda triangle exit and pipeline but both of them completely fell apart up there on the stage. I think pure fear got the best of me. The next night I played and sang with Dave N. And on the fourth night I played with Bart and a second time with Marc and Tom and I played so much better. I was more confident with other people playing too. I think Neil is going to post those open mic nights on TG at some point so you will get to see what I mean. I don't know how to really control the fear part. Wine seemed to help a little. :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic