I give UP! - Never Going Back Again. Or... Maybe not.

michelew

Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:53 am

Catman wrote:
Hey Shel,

This thread caused me to revisit NBGA. This time I decided I wanted to master the solo too, so I went to YT to watch some of Lindsey's performances as the solo is not in the TG lesson. I ran into difficulties with the bass line for the solo part, and then I noticed that, at least in the live performances I found on YT, he uses a different fingering than the TG lesson.

After a bit of research I found that in the live performances he is playing dropped D capo-ed on the fourth or third fret. Then he uses a four-string half-barre on the second fret (above the capo) most of the time when the TG lesson uses the open position. It's harder to play this way but now I can do the D2/D3 Travis picking base line from the solo.

So, Michele, it's your fault that my fretting hand is aching and I have to relearn NGBA B).

Fancy a duet?

-David
Haha! Ouch! Sorry! :P Well who knew I was so powerful. :) :)

Well I presume you're having fun then.

A duet sounds like fun. :) But... I'm missing something. Would you mind sending me a link to the live version you're referring to. I'm REALLY tired at the moment and I feel like I'm thinking through mud, but when I listen to the album I'm only hearing two sections. Some have singing over them and some don't, but.... I'm not hearing a solo section that is significantly different from the verse and chorus section that Neil tabbed in his lesson. So .... I presume I'm missing something.

michelew

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:06 pm

David,

I'm playing this today. I'm getting closer to having the verse and chorus down each time I pick up my guitar.

I was looking through my music and as it happens, I have music and tab for the solo section that you refer to. I can't remember ever tackling it, but there you have it ... and an Outro too.

It's in the drop C tune CGDGBE. If you'd like me to send it to you let me know. So now I know where the solo comes in and hopefully will hear it when I go to listen again.

I hope you're having a plucking good time. :)

Shel.

Catman

Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:37 pm

Hey Shel,

I was searching on Lindsey Buckingham rather than Fleetwood Mac

The first solo starts at 1:13

Please do send me the music/tab. I'll refrain from mentioning that I enjoy plucking several times a day :) (I have a guitar in my office)

David

michelew

Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:55 pm

That was great and definitively different from the chorus.

I haven't checked the music to see whether it's similar. Have fun with it.

Any idea what the next song was?

Oh and thanks or not telling me how much of a plucker you are. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic