You know you're obsessed when ....

BobR

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:27 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Michele,

What a follow-up to last week's thread about impossible stuff. On my end the revival became the type of obsession I am predisposed to, and unfortunately grew into an overuse injury. After almost 50 years of playing I have finally overdone it and can't use my right hand right now, even typing is a stretch that I probably shouldn't be doing.

Just as I was making progress on Bethena, and a handful of other Ragtime pieces, Mother Nature intervened and said to lighten up. Not surprisingly this was heavily seconded by everyone else in the household. Also a funny coincidence that last week I warned the TG Community that new material might be compromised, or at least slowed due to personal distraction, and now the distraction has created an absolute physical obstacle.

So I guess we will see if everybody has enough on their list to stay busy for a bit while I recover (hopefully!) and retreat into lesson prep and research.

...back to the ice and anti-inflammatory cupboard, maybe even the acupuncturist...

Neil
I hope you're back to normal soon. Don't worry about new songs, there is so much here I'll never run out :)

fjeanmur

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:29 pm

...back to the ice and anti-inflammatory cupboard, maybe even the acupuncturist...

Neil,

I believe that you're not supposed to ice more than ten minutes an hour or you draw more blood into the area which increases swelling. At least that's how I understand it. Maybe Sandy knows.

michelew

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:37 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Just lovin' this thread Shel! Any thread where you tell our master teacher to, "... absolutely get professional help" is a belly hurter! :woohoo:

But seriously, Neil, I hope things get better soon and that you already know that with hands and wrists you must be SO careful and not allow it to become chronic by coming back too soon. But you know that.

And obsessive? Me? Did someone say Moody Blues? :laugh: First time around learning Question I must have played it non-stop for several hours... in fact all day long! Ok, I did eat at some point.
Imagine my impertinence - suggesting that Neil should get advice about how to best look after his precious body. Outrageous! :p

And YOU! Obsessed with Moody Blues songs..? Who would have thunk? :) :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic