What would YOU do with $100,000 - with musical strings attached?

daryl

Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:37 am

Ah, there's the rub. I can't think of anything that would give me a "heart condition". :(

Seriously, strings and capos would make smile. And a weekend visit to see you would be nice.

michelew

Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:54 am

daryl wrote:
Ah, there's the rub. I can't think of anything that would give me a "heart condition". :(

Seriously, strings and capos would make smile. And a weekend visit to see you would be nice.
Well smiling is good. But if you're coming to Sydney it definitely needs to be for more than a weekend. I was thinking more along the lines of we could go to some music festivals together (like the Byron Bay Blues festival, or any number of festivals combining all mix of genres) or music camps (there's a new one down here actually). :D (of course ICG would need to be on the cards too :) ). Or of course we could just sit in my roof top garden and play some a Beatles songs together if you give me a heads up on which ones and a chance to learn the bass lines. :)

Music Junkie

Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:15 am

Hey Shel:

Being the selfish guy that I am , I would build a music room onto my house. It would be climate controlled, and furnished with a few new toys to go along with my guitars. Perhaps a mandolin, a bass, a good keyboard....etc...

Then, being the sap that I am, I would save the rest and make arrangements for our non US friends to come to the next IGC... ;) I can think of quite a few.... hint, hint.....

Jason

willem

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Tonight they give me a real great idea, starting an music instrument library, you can borrow an instrument and take part in a band or more an orkest all based on a library idea,,great idea if there is not money enough,you can buy the instruments everywhere or they give it away etc,, even when they are broke you repair it, its not my idea but find it great and I would give them the 100.000 + or start one.

Willem

michelew

Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:45 am

willem wrote:
Tonight they give me a real great idea, starting an music instrument library, you can borrow an instrument and take part in a band or more an orkest all based on a library idea,,great idea if there is not money enough,you can buy the instruments everywhere or they give it away etc,, even when they are broke you repair it, its not my idea but find it great and I would give them the 100.000 + or start one.

Willem
Nice one Willem! An instrument library, I really like that. In fact, I wish there was one in my neighbourhood so I could check out what it's like to play a mandolin and a banjo, octave mandolins, double bass.... You get the picture. :) :)

Very cool.

M

michelew

Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:53 am

Music Junkie wrote:
Hey Shel:

Being the selfish guy that I am , I would build a music room onto my house. It would be climate controlled, and furnished with a few new toys to go along with my guitars. Perhaps a mandolin, a bass, a good keyboard....etc...

Then, being the sap that I am, I would save the rest and make arrangements for our non US friends to come to the next IGC... ;) I can think of quite a few.... hint, hint.....

Jason
That's a nice dream. Actually I was sure Willem would say he'd create a fabulous music room too.

You're pretty normal mate. I'd like to think I'd be community minded. But, in reality I'd be more likely to spend it on me, and people close to me; e.g. some nice instruments/musical experiences for special loved ones.

Yep! Since I don't have an instrument library in my neighbourhood, :) I'd love to buy some cool folk instruments to try them out. I can think of a lovely music shop in Seattle (Dusty Strings) that I might just NEED to travel to to get them too. :) I've got a heap of ways I could enjoy that much music play money. :) that ABSOLUTELY includes joining you all at the ICG and meeting up with other TG friends too. How cool would that be?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic