Music goals for 2015

michelew

Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:30 pm

Bump

I reckon there are a few more guitar goals out there just waiting to come into focus. :)

daryl

Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:33 am

My music goal is to start uploading videos again. We'll see.

willem

Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:56 am

daryl wrote:
My music goal is to start uploading videos again. We'll see.
Let it livens Daryl.

TGNesh

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:25 am

I have to admit that I actually don't really have a specific goal, whether or not we're almost entering 2015.

Nowadays I'm so focussed on finding, preparing and recording lessons, there is not much room for anything else. It's a challenge all by itself, which i'm really enjoying.

So the general goal is to just keep on providing interesting and useful guitar lessons for TG and to get better and better at it too! :)

Ness

Tiff121

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:50 pm

I just need to set aside the time to learn to play! I have the resources I need, a guitar and this website. By the end of 2015 I would like to be able to play 3 or 4 songs. Maybe, that isn't a lofty enough goal as I don't really care what songs they are. I don't dare think that I will be able to reach my ultimate goal of playing Crazy on You w/ Intro by then, but if I can learn a few songs I will feel like I will be on my way. It is a bit daunting at first, as I know nothing about guitars. I know I should practice everyday, but my schedule will not allow for that so I am going to aim at practicing two days a week. May not sound like much, but it is a whole lot more than what I am doing now to learn, which is nothing.

daryl

Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Tiff121 wrote:
I just need to set aside the time to learn to play! I have the resources I need, a guitar and this website. By the end of 2015 I would like to be able to play 3 or 4 songs. Maybe, that isn't a lofty enough goal as I don't really care what songs they are. I don't dare think that I will be able to reach my ultimate goal of playing Crazy on You w/ Intro by then, but if I can learn a few songs I will feel like I will be on my way. It is a bit daunting at first, as I know nothing about guitars. I know I should practice everyday, but my schedule will not allow for that so I am going to aim at practicing two days a week. May not sound like much, but it is a whole lot more than what I am doing now to learn, which is nothing.
See if any of these 3- or 4-chord songs strike your fancy:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/149 ... songs.html

jayswett

Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Tiff121 wrote:
Fifteen minutes per day for one year. Do that, and you will be amazed at the progress you see.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:12 am

I aim to become more worthy of my beautiful BSG... and record a number of new songs. :)

Lavallee

Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:21 pm

So far I have been a guitar technocrat: learning songs by memorizing them but not be able to get out of the song to do a solo or to play in a different scale.

I would like to train to eventually play with others by learning the theory and understand a bit more of what I am doing and where I can go with a song and to learn scales to be able to adapt and improvise.

Probably a 20 year plan, but I will start with year 1

Marc

sandysue

Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:10 pm

In 2015 I just want to keep learning to play the guitar. Sometimes I have lofty goals, and the energy to try and learn everything I can about music theory, and fretboard geometry, and at other times I just want to memorize what's on the page in front of me.

I just keep my chair, music stand, and my guitar set up in a little place in my front room, and I try to visit that spot as often as I can.

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic