It's a GAS, GAS, GAAS!

Music Junkie

Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:00 pm

Shel:

As it happens......

I was just on vacation in Kauai, HI, with my family. I have been wanting a Uke for a long time now.... My wife gave me the green light, so I took the plunge. I looked around, and played more brands and models than I can recall. I finally ended up with a Kamoa E3-GC (Grand Concert size). It has solid maple back and sides, with a spruce top. The store where I bought it was amazing, and they really spent a lot of time working with me to see what I wanted. Then they reset it to lefty for me while I waited and played additional models. They had a wonderful Bass model, but it was not what I was looking for. The guy that worked there was playing it, and it sounded sweet.

This is the model I got. Now I get to play around and try to learn more about it!

It appears that GAS can come on wherever you are.... :P

Jason

michelew

Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Hey Jason,

Congrats! That's a beauty. :) great service too.

What a fun way to remember your trip and start yourself on a brand new adventure. You'll love it. They're very forgiving (haven't played mine for a while, but they sing just as sweetly when I do :) ), they sound great and they're lots of fun.

That GAS is a sneaky business. If I'm ever in the home of the ukulele, I think I'll need to "visit" some Uke stores too. I hear ukuleles are like chips. You can't have just one. Hey! Guitars must be chips too. :)

So .... now we need to hear it in action. How about a demo? :) once you've gotten to know each other a little of course.

Have fun!

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic