1st Annual Fretboard Summit – Nov 6-8 – Northern CA

sandysue

Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:59 pm

thank you Victor

That sounded like a great time victor. Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop. Was the Fretboard summit more of a passive learning experience or were you encouraged to perform and play music interactively with the professionals as we are encouraged to do at IGC? It's so exciting to have so many opportunities to learn music. thanks again.

Sandy

vzg14

Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi Sandy,

It was a fun time that I wanted to share it. Thank you for reading about my experience.

There were roughly 300 attendees so it was more passive learning than it was the kind that we experienced at IGC. There were however designated jamming areas around the camp (one of them literally around a campfire), where people can gather and jam with each other. If an instructor or artist happened to walk by and decided to join in, that was a possibility (although I didn't actually witness that).

-Victor

sandysue

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:31 pm

sounds like a fun time Victor. :)

TGNesh

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:41 am

Ah got it, thanks for elaborating Victor. Sounds great for sure!

Musikmesse does ring a bell, but I've obviously never attended it.

Well, indeed who knows you'll make it to NAMM. How bout camp? Will I see you again next year? And if so, which camp? ;)

Ness

vzg14 wrote:
Hi Vanessa,

NAMM stands for National Association of Music Makers. Every year in January, music instrument builders meet with music instrument dealers to introduce and showcase the new models for the upcoming year. This is the Winter NAMM Show and it's usually where dealers can put in their orders to the manufacturers to stock their stores or warehouses for the year. It's a 4 day conference in Anaheim, California (in Los Angeles) and is generally closed to the public. To showcase their wares (so to speak), the manufacturers will hire incredible musicians (who may not necessarily be well known artists) to perform using their products. It's a conference that's just full of excitement, talent, and inspiration. I've seen lots of videos of the NAMM shows and I've always wanted to go. Chances are that I won't make it, but who knows.

Germany has a similar show in April at Frankfurt which is called Musikmesse in case you are more familiar with that show.

-Victor

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:17 am

Thanks for the blog Victor, was interesting to follow.

vzg14

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi Vanessa,

I will be at IGC in California next year and am already looking forward to it. Crete sounds like a wonderful place to venture to, but I've already got other travelling plans for next summer.

Thank you again to all those who followed me to the Fretboard Summit via social media. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything about next year's summit. Also, I'd recommend reading some of the articles from the Fretboard Journal. The subscription isn't cheap, I admit, but they do publish very interesting stories. Check out their channel on YouTube too.

-Victor

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic