Revisiting Die Gitarre to try out some Cole Clarkes, a Taylor 914 and 2 beautiful BSGs

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Yeah Chas, I heard from Franco at the shop that the plugged in sound system is first class.... but i didn't get to plug in so I don't know myself. I think, if you buy a CC you should plug it in as it will give you a lot more than just the acoustic sound. I wouldn't want to plug my BSG in most of the time.

BobR

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Great guitars Chris. Thanks for the show.

Bob

BobR

Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:23 am

However, with Buy Fifa Coins the proof on display in Pro Progress 2014,FIFA might want to keep looking over its neck next gen,as there could well be some blood vessels poured when these two soccer leaders battle it out for the next gen tournament headline.

The style totally able to perform F2P shortened is one that needs no charges each month of any type to perform,nor need to be bought in shop,just immediate obtain from the web and game playing. http://www.fifa2coins.com/

wrsomers

Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:47 am

Chris,
I agree, the Taylor 914 sounded the best with the first BSG close behind. I wish you had played the Martin OM-28 1931. I hear they are absolutely fantastic. They are not actual 1930's vintage but reproductions using torification to age the new wood to sound like 84 year old Martins. Too pricey for my blood at $6,800 US.

Thanks for the video reviews.

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:01 pm

I wish I had played the Martins to (I guessed they were genuine replicas :-), they looked in pristine condition)... but they had keep off the grass signs on them...

daryl

Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:16 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I wish I had played the Martins to (I guessed they were genuine replicas :-), they looked in pristine condition)... but they had keep off the grass signs on them...
I think you misunderstood them. They were just saying "potheads aren't allowed to play the special guitars". ;-)

wrsomers

Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:25 pm

I was so impressed by the Taylor 914ce that I went out and demo'ed one today. I think I am going to spring for it. It is a great sounding (and great looking) guitar both plugged and un-plugged. If I get it, I will post a song with it. Just have to get this one by the better half. 5G is a lot of $$$.

Bill

daryl

Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:32 pm

Bill, What are the differences between an 814 and a 914?

wrsomers

Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:21 pm

Daryl,
The 914 has more bling (abalone, koa and ebony purfling, fancier neck inlays, etc.) The 914 has a very cool ebony armrest built into the lower bout. The rosewood and spruce in the 914 is of a higher grade. The 914 is simply a beautiful guitar. Some say the 914 sounds better than the 814; they do sound different but as you know sound preference is a matter of taste. I like the 914 better than the 814. I also demo'ed a Paul Reed Smith guitar selling for $10,000. It sounded awesome, but I actually liked the Taylor 914 better. Being a lifelong Martin player, I never thought I would consider a Taylor. I always found them too bright. This Taylor is not overly bright. It has a very balanced tone from bass through treble. No one string stands out more than another. The bass strings had a nice timbre, with no muddiness. The treble strings rang clear without that annoying chimey ring that some guitars have. I hope this answers your question.

Billl

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:16 pm

Keep off the grass! Right Daryl, didn't cross my mind! Made me laugh :laugh:

Bill, I seem to have the knack of selling folks on expensive guitars as Dean will confirm! But what is expensive? Five grand sounds like a deal to me as its way more than that here. And what's a price tag if a guitar sounds as wonderful as that and you have the dosh and it lasts a life time. A no brainer! The Taylor 914 really is one of the best guitars I have ever played.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic