What's inspiring you musically? What are you up to?

michelew

Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi Pierre! I absolutely know that feeling of "didn't I used to play this pretty well? I'm sure I've got video proof somewhere..." :)

Well I don't think I know Steve Goodman (Rock - as in I claim the rock defence) but he's written some great songs. The talking backwards one is a hoot!

Chris - Hello!

Nessa - my gosh woman! How do you find the time to have two collabs in the air? Not one, but two, in addition to everything you do to bring us your fantastic lessons... And keep so fit looking. And keep your furry kids happy and healthy. I'm guessing you don't sleep,.... ever. Well I for one am thrilled that you keep being so inspired by what you do. I love your work! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: I'm looking forward to seeing those collabs. :)

wwright

Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:50 pm

I live in a 55+ community, which has numerous clubs formed around common interests. One that I am in is called "The Silver Strummers". We get together twice a week for an hour or so and play. The membership is a mix of guitar and ukulele players, with a keyboardist and a bass player. We do camp fire versions of various folk, country and old rock songs. One person sends out a suggested play list a few days before each meeting. On March 17, we are going to play at a local assisted living center, so we are adding a few Irish songs. Here is the play list for tomorrow - This Train; Will The Circle Be Unbroken; Grandma’s Feather Bed; Cold, Cold Heart; I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry; Amazing Grace; I Walk the Line; Danny Boy; Four Leaf Clover; My Wild Irish Rose; and When Irish Eyes Are Smiling.

Most of the time we don't sound all that great, but we have a lot of fun.

michelew

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:51 pm

WW - (what would you like us to call you?) - that sounds like great fun. What a brilliant idea!

wrsomers

Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:07 pm

What inspires me? When I run across performances like these, I just want to play and practice for as long as it takes to learn beautiful songs like this one from the old master and his guitar "Trigger".

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Wow, that was something Bill! Could you name all the faces in the crowd? Who was the guy tearing up a bit?

wrsomers wrote:
What inspires me? When I run across performances like these, I just want to play and practice for as long as it takes to learn beautiful songs like this one from the old master and his guitar "Trigger".

Bill

wrsomers

Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:56 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Wow, that was something Bill! Could you name all the faces in the crowd? Who was the guy tearing up a bit?

wrsomers wrote:

Bill
Chris,
That video was from Ralph Emery's Country Legends Vol 1 (there is also a Vol 2). Filmed at The Grand Old Opry.
These are the country stars:
Kris Kristoffesron, Willie Nelson, Glen Campbell,
B.J.Thomas, Bobby Bare, Porter Wagoner, Mickey Gilley, Gene Watson,
B.J.Shaver, Lorrie Morgan, Janie Fricke, Barbara Fairchild, & Mel Tillis.

I think the teary eyed guy you are referring to is Kris Kristoferson (he's to Willie's immediate left). The guy in the black cowboy hat is Bobby Bare.

I also love Lorrie Morgan's rendition of "Crazy" from the same show Vol 2. (she's pretty easy on the eyes as well :) )

Here it is (written by Willie Nelson):

Sorry YouTube won't allow this publication because of copyrights. You can watch it by searching "Lorrie Morgan - Crazy"

michelew

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:33 pm

Bill I totally agree that they are two inspirational videos. That's an awesome version of Crazy. Willie sure knows how to write them. ...

Thanks.

M

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:40 am

Thanks Bill, it was Bobby Bare I meant. Kris Kristhofeson was the only one I recognised.... didn't see Glen Campbell.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic