Dream a little dream - what's your musical alter ego doing right now in some parallel universe?

wrsomers

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:39 am

Actually my musical alter ego is doing what I do now. When I was 16 I had dreams of going to a music school like Berkley or Julliard to study music. At that time I was a trumpet player in the school band. This is the solo I did for my junior year spring concert:

My dream never materialized, partly because my father told me I'd probably starve as a musician. He was likely correct, but not doing it has been a regret of mine since then. That's why I always told my two daughters to do that which they love and they'd never "work" a day in their life.

Anyway, I'm happy with what I did (and am still doing) in life; music is still a big part of it.

Bill

michelew

Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:04 pm

crieniecat wrote:
Great question Shel!

Hmmm... What would it be for me...

In my alternate reality lives a woman that had trusted the opinion of her father to be real, instead of him being a parent that was "only" kind and supportive to his daughter, when he said "You sing great and have so much potential, you need to take singing lessons and go for it!"

She has quite a few beautiful and very successful albums on her name by now, whom are co-written and mostly accompanied by some of our other very famous alternative TG celebrities. Amongst them for example, are a famous and very talented singer who agrees on a duet every now and then when not watching soccer.... and a rockstar who nowadays mostly rocks at his own house parties, only for invitees of course.... then a man who's life is totally aligned with the stars and spreads his light on Woodstock amongst other festivals.... oh and another very loved singer, she's a busy type, wondering about life's questions like "what if's" and stuff like that, but when she doesn't tours with her TZZ band, she's always willing to accompany others on various projects.... What they all have in common are of course the great TG teachers with their never disappointing skills and advice to help out, and man! when they also join the album... ouff... even more $$$$katcheng, katcheng, katcheng $$$$

So yes her wealth has grown into some beautiful warm hearted family, friends and cats ;) :lol: , and her excessive amount of money is mostly spend to them and spending quality time together, with lot's of music, love and laughter.... B)

Ow yeah....
Corina.

Brilliant! I can SO see that reality. And I'm so glad to be part of it. :kiss: your Dad was a wise man. There's still time for your realities to merge. You really do have a fantastic gift Corina. The world is still full of such possibilities for you oh sweet-voiced one. :) :kiss:

michelew

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:03 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Hmmm....At that age I was much into performing and having much fun doing that. So yeah, in my alternate universe, I would do the same and would keep going. But of course, we (the band) would've become successful and travel and play huge (and small) concerts all over the world. Playing in front of a big crowd (small crowd too btw, just as much fun! ) who are having a blast, singing along, dancing around, is the ultimate musical rush. At one point, i probably would go solo and hire a band here and there to accompany me when needed.

And I would move to a much warmer place to come home to. ;)

In between touring, I would also start doing guitar camps and do workshops all over the world. I would've loved to share and teach and to bring people together who love what I love, which is simply to play and perform music.

So my alternate ego would be a performer and a teacher, which is not far off from reality. :)

Something like that.... B)

Ness
Hey Nessa!

That reality ABSOLUTELY rings true to me. I'm glad you included being a teacher of sorts too. I really can't imagine you being able to resist being a teacher in some way, even if it's incidentally rather than as your sole profession. The world of music really is still full of possibilities for you. It really wouldn't surprise me if you did form a band and started performing professionally. We all know you have skills for it. You're already a superstar in my books. :kiss:

michelew

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:08 pm

wrsomers wrote:
Actually my musical alter ego is doing what I do now. When I was 16 I had dreams of going to a music school like Berkley or Julliard to study music. At that time I was a trumpet player in the school band. This is the solo I did for my junior year spring concert:

My dream never materialized, partly because my father told me I'd probably starve as a musician. He was likely correct, but not doing it has been a regret of mine since then. That's why I always told my two daughters to do that which they love and they'd never "work" a day in their life.

Anyway, I'm happy with what I did (and am still doing) in life; music is still a big part of it.

Bill
That's a happy place to be Bill. What did/do you do for a crust?

I trained as a Chemical Engineer and I've been developing and implementing environment protection policy and legislation for more than twenty years now. It's something that I feel is important and I may have fallen into it again if I started from scratch. :) but there's lots of aspects of the music world that appeal to me and no where need enough time to explore them to the extent I'd like, while working.

Your trumpet solo sound FANTASTIC! Do you still play?

wrsomers

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:28 pm

michelew wrote:
wrsomers wrote:

Bill
That's a happy place to be Bill. What did/do you do for a crust?

I trained as a Chemical Engineer and I've been developing and implementing environment protection policy and legislation for more than twenty years now. It's something that I feel is important and I may have fallen into it again if I started from scratch. :) but there's lots of aspects of the music world that appeal to me and no where need enough time to explore them to the extent I'd like, while working.

Your trumpet solo sound FANTASTIC! Do you still play?
Hey Shel!
I'm retired now, so I get to be a full time musician and the good part is I don't have to worry about making a living doing it. It's all just for fun.

I spent my entire career as an insurance adjuster/investigator/analyst handling the full gamut of claims from house fires, car wrecks, personal injuries and arson/fraud. Also medical fraud and personal injury fraud rings. It was a very exciting career, one in which I was never bored. Being a "jack of all trades" it was the perfect career for me.

I stopped playing the trumpet when I left high school. My University did not have a band so that is where I started playing the guitar and singing. It was all fun. The solo I posted is not me, but it sounds just like my performance; even the few little mistakes (I made the exact same ones). I should have made that clear when I put it up.

Bill

michelew

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:34 pm

Bill, that sounds like a meaningful working life to be sure. It's great that you can now kick back and explore your music side more without having to worry about whether you can meet your expenses. Enjoy.

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic