How Many is Too Many?

dottmcse85630

Sat May 07, 2016 7:32 pm

Wheew now I don't feel so bad. Nice collection!

michelew

Sat May 07, 2016 7:56 pm

dottmcse85630 wrote:
Good! You shouldn't feel bad. Guitars are your thing and they're such amazing things. Embrace the passion. :)

wrsomers

Sat May 07, 2016 9:34 pm

michelew wrote:
dottmcse85630 wrote:
Good! You shouldn't feel bad. Guitars are your thing and they're such amazing things. Embrace the passion. :)

I'm with you Shel. One should have as many guitars as they feel they need. We have monogamy, which is great, but why not be polygamous with your other love :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I currently have 3 guitars:
-1977 Martin D 28
-2015 Taylor 914ce
both 6 string
-Martin D12X1AE 12 string.

I'd still like to add one or two more 6 string guitars that I could keep in open or dropped tunings like open D or open G. That probably won't happen though because my monogamous relationship would be in jeopardy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bill

fjeanmur

Sun May 08, 2016 6:01 am

Michele,

You're too much. What a collection! As you'll see in August, I have only one guitar, a Seagull dreadnought, which is really so big. It was my daughter's. It has a wider fingerboard which suits me just fine. But I always play it with a strap, even when sitting, just to keep it from moving around.

I was thinking when at camp, I would like to try other people's smaller guitars (if they'll let me) to see if it makes a difference. Might there be another guitar in my future? Who knows?

michelew

Sun May 08, 2016 7:29 am

Jean,

Haha! Guilty as charged. I blame TG for being too inspirational. :silly: :woohoo:

You can of course play my guitar at camp. It's a fun thing to do. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Shel

fjeanmur

Sun May 08, 2016 8:47 am

michelew wrote:
Jean,

Haha! Guilty as charged. I blame TG for being too inspirational. :silly: :woohoo:

You can of course play my guitar at camp. It's a fun thing to do. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Shel
You're a pal, Shel. :) :)

auntlynnie

Sun May 08, 2016 9:48 am

Great question, Dennis.
I think we've all wrestled with this one, and chatted about it here on the forum at times, too.
My belief is that if you like them, enjoy them, and play them, at least sometimes, and it's not causing financial hardship for yourself or others, then you probably don't have too many.

Lynn

michelew

Fri May 13, 2016 10:12 pm

fjeanmur wrote:
Michele,
I was thinking when at camp, I would like to try other people's smaller guitars (if they'll let me) to see if it makes a difference. Might there be another guitar in my future? Who knows?
Hey Jean it sounds like your dream has been granted. If you missed it, Neil talked in the news about the Taylor roadshow - find your fit - appearing at the IGC. I've seen a similar one here is Sydney and it sure is interesting and informative. But, better still it sounds like you'll get a chance to try out different body shapes to see how they feel for you.

Phew... It's a good thing my GAS is dormant and an even better thing I'll be poor at IGC, especially after travelling to the US. :) :D

Is Neil sweet to have organised that or WHAT?!

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Sat May 14, 2016 4:33 pm

Can there be too much beauty and enjoyment in one life?

I am currently underprivileged with only
a 27 year old Takamine 12 string,
a 25 year old Takamine nylon western 6 string,
a brand new BSG D27 F Indian Rosewood,
and a new second hand Cardin Session electric guitar.

Need many more...

So glad to see you have so much fun Dennis, man, you would have had a ball in the early days of TG.... :laugh:

Chris

wiley

Sat May 14, 2016 7:54 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic