The Best Advice I Can Give You...

spinland

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:03 am

michelew wrote:
Every time you add something new that your brain needs to focus on, it takes the focus away from something you were doing before.
Bingo! Yes, this is spot-on for how things are going for me. Besides being a novice to begin with, I've been adding all manner of changes (thanks to tips from Ness) to how I sit, how I hold the guitar, chord fingerings that I knew for years...yikes. :ohmy:

Patience, practice, and not flogging myself for not being able to integrate all of this instantly. Got it. :side:

Mark

spinland

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:05 am

wrsomers wrote:
Here comes another golf analogy...If you've ever watched a professional golfer, you might have noticed him/her standing behind the ball just staring off into space or even closing his/her eyes. What they are doing is called visualization, or "going to the movies". They are seeing the whole shot...from initial impact, to the flight of the ball, to its landing and rolling to a stop. Once they have that mental picture, they step up to the ball and, as far as humanly possible, turn off their mind and just let it go.
Thanks, Bill, that was well said. As someone who chases a little white ball around (hesitate to call myself a "golfer") I got where you were going with that and to me it's a perfect analogy.

Thanks again! :side:

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic