Roll call! What's happenin'?

michelew

Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi everyone!

It's a little quiet on the forum. What's everyone up to? Enjoying summer vacation? Skiing the slope (in the Southern Hemisphere?) working hard on your next performance? Building a house? Family, family, family stuff?

What is keeping you all busy? :) what are you doing musically?

Just curious. :)

Michele

BobR

Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi Michele,

All of the above except the skiing :laugh: Actually just doing some remodeling not the whole house, but I am just so looking forward to IGC. :) :)

Bob

daryl

Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:24 pm

I haven't picked up a guitar for months. :-( I'm not happy about that. Not sure why I haven't. But.......I have found me some GREAT drummers and GREAT singers to play with (once I get my act together).

fjeanmur

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:48 pm

Hey Michele--

I'm like Bob--a little bit of everything except skiing. We were in Italy, just finished a major project in the house, getting my daughter ready to go off to college and now I've got to start thinking about the IGC. Transporting the guitar is still stressing me out, but other than that, all is good.

Other than being a TZZ, what's been up with you?

See you in about a month. :)

Music Junkie

Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:18 pm

Hey Michele:

I have been VERY busy at work this past year. I did just go on vacation and took the familiy up to the Sierras for our yearly camping trip. We were able to do some hiking and fishing. In the evenings and on the weekends I have been re-doing my back yard. We removed all of the grass (which had died due to the drought anyway), dug out some excess dirt, removed a bazillion palm roots, built a Santa Maria BBQ Pit, and reconfigured the sprinkler lines. I have gotten about 1/3 of the yard graded and ready for sand and pavers. I installed the new channel drain, and started the pavers this past weekend. Each night I work a little bit to keep it going. I still try to pick up my guitar each night, but most nights it is just that.... I pick it up and don't get very far with it. I am just exhausted. My wife is on me to get some good practice, so I had better get with it!

michelew

Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:48 pm

Thanks for responding Bob, Daryl, Jean and Jason. You sure sound busy; what an industrious lot. :)

It's seriously windy here today. Perhaps I should take up kite surfing or install a wind turbine on my roof. I don't know about pigs flying, but pugs might start flying shortly if this wind keeps up. Oh! There goes a flying whippet. :)

I've been juggling competing priorities. Work's been super busy. My EcoSuper hero costume has been getting a workout to be sure. Still saving the environment one policy at a time. :) we have a lot of really important projects on that seem to all be coming to the pointy end simultaneously.

On the subject of safety and house renos, I have a very sick pup at the moment. She's contracted a couple of dangerous pathogens. We've finally got a diagnosis and now I'm in the process of decontaminating the house so my furry kids, my partner and I get or stay safe and healthy. That has involved ripping up the carpet unfortunately. It's something I was planning to do at some stage anyway. But it's definitely been pretty full on. So Jason I feel your pain.
But the results you're getting already look like the effort will be well worth it.

While in work woman mode, I ripped my thumbnail halfway across, along the end of the white section. I couldn't bear the idea of being without a thumbnail for IGC, so I've just gotten my first acrylic nail - the thumbnail only. Desperate times - desperate measures.

I'm trying to play the guitar too and refresh and improve stuff for camp. That mission is losing out at the moment. But I hope to get back to it soon.

So when I'm not being opinionated on the forum, I'm juggling projects, responsibilities and missions just like you all seem to be doing.

I'm looking forward to my vacation to the US which is coming up quickly.

That's me. :)

It's been good hearing about what others have been up to. Who next for the life report? :)

Michele

Jean - the TG community has a wealth of experience traveling with instruments. You could start a thread to tell us about the options you've considered and the outstanding problems you're having that are stressing you out. Someone may be able to offer you a solution you haven't considered yet.

Daryl - the collaboration site you've found is fascinating. I presume it wouldn't conflict with TG if you told people more about it, since it's not a teaching site. You might consider starting a thread on it and your experience so far. You're in the best position to know whether that appropriate or not. I'm sure others would be interested.

michelew

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:09 am

BTW - I've been trying out a gorgeous new look. David and I have been thinking it might make a great TZZ album cover. What do you reckon? We're thinking of calling it Zombie Apocalypse.

Of course I just need to convince David that he should also don the look for the sake of our craft.

:silly: :side:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... 727-3.jpeg

davidrfinn99165

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:25 am

michelew wrote:

Of course I just need to convince David that he should also don the look for the sake of our craft.
Haha, nice try Shel but maybe not - as I've said before, just because something is the height of fashion in Australia at the moment......

I take it we're less worried about bad hair days now...?? :woohoo:

fjeanmur

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:43 am

Michele

Carpeting! That's exactly what we did. We ripped up the wall to wall on the second floor and had hardwood floors installed. So for three days I carried everything down to the first floor and I'm still carrying things back up. But I'm so psyched because with my three furry friends, it will be so much easier to get at all that feline fur they're leaving behind.

A new thread--maybe you're right. I was going to look at the brand of hard case I have today and start from there. Maybe everyone will hear from me later on.

I plan to have my video ready by the end of the week. I saw yours, but as a TZZ, you're a pro. I've never done a vid of myself before and it's really painful. I found an easy editing feature right on my iPad, but the video quality isn't that good. Oh well about that. Then there's the angle problem. The house is almost put back together and it should be really quiet around here for the next couple of days. I'm going to get working on it.

wrsomers

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:54 am

fjeanmur wrote:

A new thread--maybe you're right. I was going to look at the brand of hard case I have today and start from there. Maybe everyone will hear from me later on.
Hi Jean,
A possible solution to your guitar transport fears can be the Hiscox case. Very sturdy and well made. I bought one for my Martin and feel confident it can withstand the mishandling of TSA workers. My only fear would be theft. Here is the link to their site:

http://www.hiscoxcases.com/index.htm

They have quite a price range. I bought the $279 model. It fits my D28 like a glove.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic