Goodies, Gizmo's and Gadgets - What are you hoping for?

dottmcse85630

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:44 pm

Really loving my new Breedlove Myrtlewood guitar I bought a few months ago.
Been eyeing the BeatBuddy full version but just have not been able to part with the $300 for the package.

I did buy a TC Helicon Play Acoustic a few months ago and been fiddling around with that. Lots of settings, have not got much into the vocal settings yet but again lots of features and settings. My level of coordination has not allowed me to sing and play at the same time.
So far my experience with the TC Helicon is favorable, really adds lots of ambiance to my playing. Coincidentally it has helped me find some errors in my ways, wearing headphones helps accentuate the buzz, and other problems.
But a really cool add-on.

So anybody hoping for something cool this season?

Dennis

auntlynnie

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:52 pm

A self inking chord stamp.

I'm a simple person.

Lynn

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Hmmm, thanks for reminding me about that Dennis.... it may just fit in my stocking.... :laugh:... seeing as a Taylor Baritone 8 won't quite squeeze in yet.... :silly:

familyman4

Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:20 pm

Chris, get a bigger stocking :)

wrsomers

Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:37 pm

dottmcse85630 wrote:
I did buy a TC Helicon Play Acoustic a few months ago and been fiddling around with that. Lots of settings, have not got much into the vocal settings yet but again lots of features and settings. My level of coordination has not allowed me to sing and play at the same time.
So far my experience with the TC Helicon is favorable, really adds lots of ambiance to my playing. Coincidentally it has helped me find some errors in my ways, wearing headphones helps accentuate the buzz, and other problems.
But a really cool add-on.

Dennis
Hi Dennis,
I'm happy to hear you bought the Play Acoustic. Did I have anything to do with your decision to get one? If you are coming to IGC 2017, bring it with you and I'll be happy to show you some of the cool features. There is a lot to learn with it. I am still finding new ways to use it.

Santa brought me an early present, a Taylor 324e. It has Tasmanian Blackwood back and sides and a Mahogany top. I plan to use it for open/alternate tunings. Here are pictures of it:

I will post a video of me using it when I find the time.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year

Bill

michelew

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:04 pm

Congrats Bill. She's a beauty

Gizmos - Well I'll be visiting a music store soon to get myself more thumbpick choices. I had a couple that were working OK for me... but either I'm just out of practice or ... I've misplaced the ones I liked. My thumb nail is still nonexistent. It got badly damaged when I was doing some handywoman stuff and putting an acrylic nail on it worked for a while but seems to have made that section really brittle (since I had it removed). So until my nail grows back healthy, here's hoping it does, I'll need to do the thumbpick thing if I want to hear my bassnotes while fingerpicking. I'll need to study the thumbpick recommendations thread first of course.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:40 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Chris, get a bigger stocking :)
Too right Bart! I obviously need to think bigger :laugh:

Well, to compensate, I ordered the Play Acoustic, looking forward!

Nice guitar Bill, looking forward to hearing it. That's quite a stable of guitars you now have :)

fjeanmur

Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:49 pm

auntlynnie wrote:
A self inking chord stamp.

I'm a simple person.

Lynn

LOL, Lynn!

I didn't know those existed. I looked them up on Google Image and now that I see what they are, I want one! I guess I'm simple too.

But the new new Taylor looks beautiful, Bill!

wrsomers

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:50 pm

Michele - Thanks, I'm really liking the sound of this guitar, mellow and woody, quite different from the normal treble/mid-range shimmer of Taylor guitars). Too bad about your nail. I have a suggestion...trying drinking 4oz of white grape juice with pectin added. I buy Certo brand Pectin and add one envelope to a 1/2 gallon of lite white grape juice and drink 4 oz of it daily. Pectin is a gelatin it keeps my joints limber and I think it helps my nails. I've been using it for several years. Much better than glucosamine/condroitin which raises your cholesterol. I'm willing to bet your nails will thank you for it.

Chris- Stable is right. I'm going to build a studio in my basement so I have a place to keep them and control the temp/humidity without having to use the cases and humipaks.

FJean/Lynn - Self inking chord stamp? Now that's a neat idea!

michelew

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:08 am

Hey Bill. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been wondering whether I need to supplement with something. Gelatin sounds like a good plan.

Lynn - your wish made me giggle. Very practical and guitarist appropriate. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic