Mission control, mission impossible, mission accomplished, mission, mission, mission...

neverfoundthetime

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:12 am

Great to hear you are making progress on the thumb pick front Shel :)
I occasionally use one as I have never managed to hit a string with my thumb nail in my life (how the heck do you DO that?) in spite of having a pretty nice and strong nail on my thumb!

Priority mission? Man, that sounds so organized :laugh: Well, as Christmas/New Year is a quiet time for teachers like myself, I am promising to sit down with Neil and Ness a couple of hours each day on the screen and actually WORK on some songs and techniques. I know, hard to believe! So, main priority is to nail down a number of songs I have been meaning to complete or learn from new and record a few. On the list is, Nexus, Scarborough Faire, Africa, I'm not in Love and Wise as A serpent which is not a lesson but Daryl has been kindly helping me out with it. probably a bunch of other songs too. I am continually working on Question and keep my 12 string tuned in open C for that and as it has new strings on it right now, am enjoying the hell out of it... oh and as Santa self-gifted me a TC Helicon Play Acoustic, I've been having a ball using that to back me up on the vocals on this song too... that's a blast!

Ah, and, drum roll, CCNess will get together first week of January here in (hopefully) George Michael-esque snowy Switzerland! So..... have to get up to speed for that :side: :silly: :laugh: ... or have my fingers slapped :ohmy: .... just kiddin'.
Oops, now the Crieniecat is out of the bag....

sandysue

Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi Michele

Those are some fun looking pic's. Not sure I could get them under control, they might be more like weapons of mass destruction in my hands. :)

Neil did give Tom and I each a rough out flat pic the other day at our lesson together. I keep trying to get good at flat picking but so far i seem to be most attached to finger picking with bare finger tips. :S

Sandy

crieniecat

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:13 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Ah, and, drum roll, CCNess will get together first week of January here in (hopefully) George Michael-esque snowy Switzerland! So..... have to get up to speed for that :side: :silly: :laugh: ... or have my fingers slapped :ohmy: .... just kiddin'.
Oops, now the Crieniecat is out of the bag....
Well, now you mention it Chris... Last Friday when Ness and I met at my place to do some playing and singing, she did mention her cross fit training really improved not only her stamina but also her slapping technique.... B) :laugh: :kiss:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:18 pm

.... so I better get in the gym as well as getting my practice done! :S :laugh:

michelew

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:56 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Awesome that you're becoming friends with the thumbpick Shel! :cheer: ;)

I'm obviously busy with teaching and lessons and of course to get better at it too. I'll be having some time off soon, well not much time, but some and I tend to dig deep into the physical side of guitar playing. I'm sure many of you have heard me talk about relaxing the muscles and such, but there is SO much more to it.

That's my mission. (for now! :))

Ness
Thanks Ness!

We're so lucky that you're such a dedicated teacher. I employed your relaxation techniques while trying to get the thumb wrap working. It actually helped me to get more clean notes. But... I think I need some heavier artillery to help be do it consistently.

:kiss:

michelew

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Chris, Niiiice. I wish I could join you all. That sounds like another fun get together. Good luck with the practice.

Corina - you're cracking me up sweet woman. Oh I can see it now.

Sandy - yeh me too. I'd rather play with my nails any day. Playing with a pick is one of my IGC missions. ;) in addition to our recent secret mission. :)

TGNesh

Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:19 pm

Chris and Corina: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: B) :P :whistle:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic