How do you get into performance mode? Do you have any guitar props?

spinland

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:04 am

I reckon I ought to give honorable mention to my other "get into performance mode" prop:

fjeanmur

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:56 am

Ah, Michele, the constant battle with nerves. To answer your question about what I do to get into performance mode? The answer is: I don't!

When we were getting ready for the IGC, I read the threads, watched the videos, tried to be open to the suggestions and considered the open mics. I even put on the iPad camera to record what I was playing and that became so stressful because I was focusing too much on what I might play and not working on new and challenging things that would make me a better guitar player. So after a while I decided, "This is just stupid!" and gave up on the idea.

We've all talked about out goals as guitar players, but I saw that it's also important to decide what are not my goals. One is not to learn to play "Stairway to Heaven" because I'm not a Zepplin fan, but another is not to worry about open mics because I don't have a burning desire to perform. Not now, anyway.

God, I did admire you guys mustering the courage and getting up there night after night. You are my heroes! But in the meantime, I think it'll take more than a hat for me.

TGNesh

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Well .......I don't think I have any... :dry:

I just like a guitar or whatever instrument. I feel a bit more comfortable with one, than for example singing without.

For me there is another thing that I always try to bring with me, which is actually easy to carry around. Thankfully it also comes natural to me, since it's pretty much me. That would simply be my smile. :)

Ness

michelew

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Bill - yep your hats do bring a nice nuance to your videos. :)

Jean - yep it's an extra pressure, absolutely no need to perform if it's not something your interested in.

Ness - your secret weapon. And what a GORGEOUS smile it is, totally engaging and it puts the audience in a great frame of mind. You look confident even if you may not feel 100% confident at times. You're a good role model. I'm trying to smile more in my videos. (No more grimacing due to pure stage fright).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic