I love playing guitar when ...

michelew

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:56 pm

Jean, Mark - Haha! Well what advice can I give you...? For starters we call them 'prawns' not shrimp. Here shrimp are very small and hardly something you'd put on the barbie. You might also try extending your vowel sounds a little and talking through your nose a little so you get the right nasal drawl. So you could try saying praaaaawns or prawawawans. :)

Personally, I often cringe a little when I hear my Aussie accent. :)

And "mate" works best if you say it in a relaxed way. If you emphasize it too much it sounds like a threat. :)

David is still trying to understand some of my Aussie lingo (language). Perhaps you could ask him or Ness for pointers on the things you'll need translations for. :)

Oh and apparently I say "ta" a lot; which makes Corina giggle. :) its short for 'thank you'. Since I returned from camp, I've noticed that lots of Sydneysiders say it. :)

I'll let you know if I think of any other tips that will allow you to blend in. :)

crieniecat

Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:12 am

.....Can a non guitar player answer as well? :unsure:

I love to hear you all play the guitar when...

WHEN DON"T I?! :laugh:

Music is magic and balm for the soul, so always! ;)

Oh and Shel... Ready to visit you any time, anywhere, whenever possible... :lol:
Another great thread from your hand Sweet Aussie :kiss:

Ta!
:lol:

dottmcse85630

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:16 pm

I certainly wish I could play when I am awake but too many interruptions.

I love playing when I can focus 100% on playing. No outside interruptions.

I've got a cheap guitar at work and I try to play during lunch. At home on the weekdays it is evenings. Weekends spaced throughout the day and evening.

Dennis

michelew

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:39 pm

Hi Dennis. Thanks for adding to this thread; twice. I definitely would like to play more than I do. It about finding the right balance of things of course.

It's good for the soul.

M

michelew

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:46 pm

crieniecat wrote:
.....Can a non guitar player answer as well? :unsure:

I love to hear you all play the guitar when...

WHEN DON"T I?! :laugh:

Music is magic and balm for the soul, so always! ;)

Oh and Shel... Ready to visit you any time, anywhere, whenever possible... :lol:
Another great thread from your hand Sweet Aussie :kiss:

Ta!
:lol:
Hey Corina! It's good for us that you love music. :)

Perhaps the statement that you specifically could complete is one of the following:

"I love singing when..." or "I love making music when..." there are a number of questions within this thread but one of the main ones is what makes it so special; or when do you love singing the most? Under what circumstances?

You're right; music really is a balm for the soul. So I guess I know your answer. :)

And yep! It would be great to see you down under some time roomie. :)

Ta for answering. :) :kiss:

Love

Shel

spinland

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:43 am

michelew wrote:
For starters we call them 'prawns' not shrimp. Here shrimp are very small and hardly something you'd put on the barbie.
Cool! I was born and raised in NW Florida and one of my dad's friends owned a shrimp boat (on which I spent no few hours). I grew up not knowing it was supposed to be a sometimes-pricey delicacy. :side:

We also distinguish between shrimp and prawns, and it sounds like we use the same size criteria you do. I love language! B)

Mark

michelew

Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:45 pm

I love seafood. That would have been an interesting adventure growing up. Some of my family have been keen fishermen. But a trawler is a bigger story.

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic