I'd like to challenge you with this question.....read inside the thread!

wrsomers

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:30 am

Ness,
Just listened to "I'm All Out Of Love" 3 more times. The bass lines and arpeggios are brilliant. This is by far my most favorite version of this song. LOVE IT! Thanks for making my day brighter.

Bill :kiss: :blush:

michelew

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Seriously Ness ... I have no idea how anyone could choose your best upload... I've been lost for words and run out of superlatives (and expressions like WOW! and OMG!) too many times. These days I need to consult a thesaurus just to attempt to come up with something different... I'm All Out of Love is definitely a heartbreaker and it sounds fantastic. Is it your best?... impossible to say.

I will say that Triad is still one of my favorites. I remember Suite Judy Blue Eyes being pretty incredible too. Why?.... again I'm not sure... maybe it's the mood you create, even with the mic picking up the noise from a nearby fan... I DO remember Neil being speechless in his response. :)

One thing I have noticed is that the sound quality of your videos gets better and better.

Just working out a top 10 of your videos would take many days...or more and still be an impossible feat.

I'm a fan.

:kiss:

TGNesh

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:49 am

I never get enough of some fanboi gushing Mark! :laugh: :P How could I??! ;)

Someone has to explain 'sappy' to me some time. :dry:

I'm glad you like the song anyway and my video on it too. :) Many thanks Mark!!

spinland wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
Anyway, this is also a song that i very much like and just love to play and sing. :)
I know I said I wasn't going to clutter this thread with a lot of fanboi gushing, but...

Right in them feels, Ness.

Wow.

Air Supply was one of those guilty pleasures from my teen years (when being sappy wasn't supposed to be cool) and you blew the proverbial doors off an already-lovely song.

Mark

TGNesh

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:51 am

Thank you very much Tom, very pleased you enjoyed it! :)

tombo1230 wrote:

Nice one Ness, loved it! :)

Tom N.

TGNesh

Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:03 am

:blush: Now how your comment brightened my day!!! :ohmy: :blush:

It's one thing for me to pick a song/play through that I'm really content with, since that's just me (although that was the question of course)....but still, it's réally great that you (others) can see why I picked it. And even better, that you enjoyed it so much too! :cheer: As for the playing, it's very easy to pick the wrong string when flatpicking a song, which would be way easier to fingerpick. So i was indeed very happy that I played every note right. Hitting the wrong bassnote for example would be pretty desastrous in my book. :S But hey, it worked out! :)

Needless to say, just LOVED to read your comment, thanks so much!!

Big hug,

Ness

wrsomers wrote:
Nessÿ
Just listened to "I'm All Out Of Love" 3 more times. The bass lines and arpeggios are brilliant. This is by far my most favorite version of this song. LOVE IT! Thanks for making my day brighter.

Bill :kiss: :blush:

TGNesh

Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:20 am

Actually you're my biggest fan!!! :cheer: :woohoo: :kiss:

As for words, I'm always amazed how you manage to find those. And personally i never get used to another 'WOW or OMG'. B) Personally I'm often lost for words in responding too, haha! :P

And you know, picking the 'best'....like I mentioned, it's all about the criteria. For this one I went for playing and singing every note right (besides the fact that I really like the song too). Since it's a TG-lesson, i of course do aim for that.

If I would go for, lets say, the song that means the most to me or something, or the one that i'm proudest of in terms of working out a way to play it on a single guitar and one vocal part, the answer would be quite different. And even the answer to those criteria changes when time passes.

Triad was quite something at the time, since I just love the song and had wanted to play it ever since childhood. It was just awesome to finally be able to do so. Hmm....come to think of it, I think had every note right in that one too?! :dry: :) Of course, Neil's review on it quite blew me away. :ohmy:

Anyway, thanks so much my dear friend. As you should know, you often blow me away as well. :silly:

xoxo

michelew wrote:
Seriously Ness ... I have no idea how anyone could choose your best upload... I've been lost for words and run out of superlatives (and expressions like WOW! and OMG!) too many times. These days I need to consult a thesaurus just to attempt to come up with something different... I'm All Out of Love is definitely a heartbreaker and it sounds fantastic. Is it your best?... impossible to say.

I will say that Triad is still one of my favorites. I remember Suite Judy Blue Eyes being pretty incredible too. Why?.... again I'm not sure... maybe it's the mood you create, even with the mic picking up the noise from a nearby fan... I DO remember Neil being speechless in his response. :)

One thing I have noticed is that the sound quality of your videos gets better and better.

Just working out a top 10 of your videos would take many days...or more and still be an impossible feat.

I'm a fan.

:kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic