I'd like to challenge you with this question.....read inside the thread!

willem

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:08 am

I think it is James Taylor ''you can close youe eyes''

why? love the song and was happy with it,,,shame on me, I played it never again to improve,,how could I do that.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QCnKV5gTxfI

tombo1230

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:22 am

willem wrote:

why? love the song and was happy with it,,,shame on me, I played it never can to improve,,how could I do that.

Hi Willem,
I can't see your video. It says it is 'private,'

Tom N.

willem

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:27 am

tombo1230 wrote:
willem wrote:

why? love the song and was happy with it,,,shame on me, I played it never can to improve,,how could I do that.

Hi Willem,
I can't see your video. It says it is 'private,'

Tom N.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QCnKV5gTxfI

maybe now?

wrsomers

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:13 pm

Great thread and question Ness. Like Daryl, there are a few of mine that I like, but in the end, I'm most pleased with "Something Fine" by Jackson Browne. Although the video is only a slideshow, I like it because it's a great song to begin with, and I didn't make any discernable mistakes. In fact after I posted it and listened to it, I heard good things I didn't know I was doing. Weird.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_WH_JRFy0I4

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi Bill, the link does not take us to the song..... well, me anyway!

daryl

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:26 pm

michelew

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:24 pm

Ness reminded me that this thread is about taking the time to celebrate your achievements. Given how critical most of us are about ourselves I figured I'd come back and post a video.

This thread inspired me to go and rewatch quiet a few of the videos that David and I posted when we were on our "album worth of songs in six months"- mission. We set a stupid pace for ourselves, which many of you witnessed and lost a lot of sleep, but damn we had fun. I enjoyed each of them for different reasons. Top three... Spool of Thread, When, The Other Side of the Wall ... maybe.

David is SO much fun to collaborate with and his song-writing genius is a joy to be around. I continue to learn heaps from him and he gives me the courage to take all sorts of creative risks. He's become a great friend too of course.

I've chosen to post this video because it was a lot of fun and it was also one where the project kept going back and forth between us to firstly develop the feel and structure, to refine the lyrics and to build on the basic song. David told me to get stupid with it so I had fun. :)

Of course my EXCELLENT counting skills give it a certain something that others will be very envious of. ;) and I LOVE David's voice and attitude on this too; it has a great story too as many of his songs do. I love your work David. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

michelew

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:32 pm

willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
willem wrote:

willem I think I missed that post th first time. Really nice.

M

spinland

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:17 am

I don't want to keep cluttering this thread, as I don't yet have an actual video to share in it, so this will be my last comment (at least for a while).

I said this might become a "Greatest Hits of the TG Masters" thread and I wasn't wrong. I'm not going to come back and exult over every masterpiece you guys are posting here but, rest assured, I want to. :side:

Mark

dekotaj

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:07 am

Miss Nasa. I love all the collaborations song I've had the privilege to be a part of. But if I must pick one. I will go with Croce. What a great job Tom and Claire did on this video.

Love all the songs folks. Real nice to here them again.

Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic