I'd like to challenge you with this question.....read inside the thread!

tombo1230

Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:29 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Miss Nasa. I love all the collaborations song I've had the privilege to be a part of. But if I must pick one. I will go with Croce. What a great job Tom and Claire did on this video.

Love all the songs folks. Real nice to here them again.

Kev
Gosh Kevin,
I remember this well. Croce is a favourite of mine too, so I enjoyed being involved in this.

Claire is gobsmacked that she has appeared twice on this thread in a favourite video.
Thanks for your appreciation, but you did pretty good yourself.

Cheers,

Tom N and Claire.

TGNesh

Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:33 am

Hi everybody!

Have been enjoying to read all your comments and answers very much, thanks a lot for playing this game with me. :cheer:

I'll be back soon! B)

tombo1230

Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:13 pm

willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
willem wrote:
I think it is James Taylor ''you can close youe eyes''

why? love the song and was happy with it,,,shame on me, I played it never can to improve,,how could I do that.

Hi Willem,
I can't see your video. It says it is 'private,'

Tom N.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QCnKV5gTxfI

maybe now?
Hi Willem,
some nice moments in there. You should revisit it and get it to where you want it to be.
I've been doing that myself recently and you can also guage how far you have improved from the original recording.

Tom N.

TGNesh

Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:50 pm

Mark: I can hardly believe that Mark, for example I think you have posted videos in this guitar group on facebook? There must be something that you have been content with. At least to some degree. So are you sure?

Craig: :laugh: :laugh: When I posted the question I actually thought the same. 'Here I am with a Michele-esque'-question! :P
I sure hear you about not being really content. When the camera is rolling, it's just... :S I do remember that video, with the unusual shapes and fingerings. You sure should be proud of it! Many thanks for chiming in here my friend. xo

Daryl: I can totally see why you picked that one Daryl, that's an absolute gorgeous video and rendition, just beautiful!

Michele: :blush: First of all, you're too sweet Shel...many thanks for your observations. I guess you're right. At this point I'm not even aware of it, but you make good points. Those aspects of my job sure increases the pressure on making a play through on video happen significantly. Btw Did I tell you that I ALWAYS LOVE to read your comments on them???!! :cheer:

I can surely see why the collaborations are your favorites. You've produced quite a bunch of those :ohmy: and they're getting better and better too. My favorite of yours is by far 'Oh Sweet Ones'... :) and.......no no no, only allowed to pick one. :P I'll get to your choice later, when you indeed picked one. ;)

Mark: :laugh: :laugh: Shel has a way with words, but you do too Mark :silly: , thank you!!!

Chris: I get what you're saying Chris. When magic happens, that's really special. And definitely when shared with someone else. Corina and I have shared many of those moments/songs and it's just a beautiful and bonding thing. And uh....thank you very much for your compliments, that's special to me too!!! :kiss:

Pierre: Thanks so much for tuning in Pierre, I miss you around here! So good to see and hear you again. And I can sure see the point you make in that video. I think you sound great! The song fits your vocals very well and your accompaniment does the same to your vocals. Yes, I would love for you to show up again some time. Thanks again Pierre!

Willem: I probably sound like a broken record, but the same definitely goes for you too Willem. Awesome to see you tune in here and even answer the question by posting one of your videos. You sound really great as well, thanks for sharing it again!

Btw....thanks for reposting some of those links Tom and Daryl, because the original ones didn't get me to those as well.

Bill: You sound gorgeous Bill, you really do, both vocally as guitarwise....not hard to hear why you picked it. Such a beautiful song too. Many thanks for playing the game! ;)

Michele: You too Shel! :P You're right, there is a time for everything and there certainly should be room for celebrating achievements, no matter how little or big they are. I of course remember this one. :) I can see why you had much fun developing it. Gosh, there is SO much in there! :ohmy: You two have done unimaginable things, creating so many great songs and videos, simply amazing!

Kevin: Hey Kev', so great to see you too, very well played and such a beautiful song as well! I myself also have very fond memories of collaborating with Claire. Come to think of, I was the first with whom she recorded a song to post here at TG :ohmy: (Bon Jovi/Livin' On A Prayer). I was indeed very honored. She obviously does an awesome job and it's easy to see why she has been picked in this thread several times. Thanks dear Kev'! xo

Thanks so very much all. It's been a real pleasure to see or rewatch all of your videos. I'm still pondering which one I will pick myself...in thruth, i still don't know..it really depends on the criteria. As in what I find important...I'll be back...

Much love and hugs to you all :kiss: B) ,

Ness

spinland

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:13 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Mark: I can hardly believe that Mark, for example I think you have posted videos in this guitar group on facebook? There must be something that you have been content with. At least to some degree. So are you sure?
I know what you're saying, Ness. One of my inner demons is I'm never content, never satisfied, anything I do is flawed and can be better.

Well, of course what I do is flawed. We all are flawed, all are human, no one is perfect—nor should we be. Letting myself be human and messed up and mistake-making is part of the journey i'm on, that's all. I have a lot of difficulty with that. :side:
Mark: :laugh: :laugh: Shel has a way with words, but you do too Mark :silly: , thank you!!!
Much love and hugs to you all :kiss: B) ,

Ness
Right back atcha!

Mark

spinland

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:45 pm

Oh, quick note about that Facebook group: I've only posted one video there and it was one from here. This is my primary "busking" destination. They have started a Friday open mic night but I'm not up to a weekly schedule so I just enjoy what others post. B)

TGNesh

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:36 am

Neil's weekly recap reminded me that I'm quilty of not posting a video myself. :)

Although it's more due to not being able to decide. It really depends on the criteria. Since the question popped in my head when trying to record a play through for TG (which has teaching purposes and not neccessarily performance/entertaining ones), I guess i should go for one in which i thought i pretty much played every note right and sang every note right. (in thruth, the latter is equally as important to me, even though it doesn't serve a teaching purpose)

I think i was in particularly happy about the playing, since it's a flatpicking arrangement in most places, which i find a bit harder to pull off. There are, thankfully, a few more play throughs that I'm content with, but the rule was to pick only one. In thruth, besides TG-lessons, I'm also very pleased with a few collabs, but......no, no, no...controlling myself :side: , just pick óne. ;) Anyway, this is also a song that i very much like and just love to play and sing. :)

spinland

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:48 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Anyway, this is also a song that i very much like and just love to play and sing. :)
I know I said I wasn't going to clutter this thread with a lot of fanboi gushing, but...

Right in them feels, Ness.

Wow.

Air Supply was one of those guilty pleasures from my teen years (when being sappy wasn't supposed to be cool) and you blew the proverbial doors off an already-lovely song.

Mark

tombo1230

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:39 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Neil's weekly recap reminded me that I'm quilty of not posting a video myself. :)

Although it's more due to not being able to decide. It really depends on the criteria. Since the question popped in my head when trying to record a play through for TG (which has teaching purposes and not neccessarily performance/entertaining ones), I guess i should go for one in which i thought i pretty much played every note right and sang every note right. (in thruth, the latter is equally as important to me, even though it doesn't serve a teaching purpose)

I think i was in particularly happy about the playing, since it's a flatpicking arrangement in most places, which i find a bit harder to pull off. There are, thankfully, a few more play throughs that I'm content with, but the rule was to pick only one. In thruth, besides TG-lessons, I'm also very pleased with a few collabs, but......no, no, no...controlling myself :side: , just pick óne. ;) Anyway, this is also a song that i very much like and just love to play and sing. :)

Nice one Ness, loved it! :)

Tom N.

wrsomers

Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:02 am

TGVanessa wrote:

Ness,
I can see/hear why you picked this one. The playing is perfect and singing gorgeous. I believe I will try to learn this one (after I finish about 3 others I'm working on :P ).

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic