New Guitar Day!

spinland

Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:14 am

Well, new to me.

After the fun I've been having with Bart's loaner 12 string acoustic I decided to take the plunge and get one of my own. I think I shared here the one I picked out.

Well, because many people have wised up to how insanely good a price-to-quality buy it is, new ones are on back order for who-knows-how-long. My local shop is as frustrated by that as I, because they want to have some in stock in time for Christmas.

Anyway, turns out it was my lucky week: I ran across a used one (in black, which they no longer make and which is my favorite color for guitars) that's in like-new condition barring a couple of very minor dings I had to look closely even to see. Scored exactly what I wanted, and at secondhand market price. So much win! :woohoo:

Here she is:

Mark

TGNesh

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:16 am

She looks fabulous Mark, good for you!! :cheer:

spinland

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Thanks, Ness! Just finished tuning her to open G (which is fast becoming a favorite of mine) and today or tomorrow I want to record a sound check video. I’ll share it so you guys can enjoy these sweet, sweet tones. :side:

Mark

tombo1230

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Very nice looking guitar. I can't wait to hear how it sounds.

Tom N.

spinland

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Gonna start recording some samples soon, Tom;maybe tonight. I’m having to own the fact that my business life won’t go quietly into the night so, if I wanna rock, I gotta make the time.

More soon; promise.

Mark

jayswett

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Are they a challenge to keep in tune?

spinland

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:04 pm

jayswett wrote:
Are they a challenge to keep in tune?
In general I keep hearing (reading) about the massive stress on the neck and how tuning can be finicky. In practice the Taylor Bart lent me held tune quite well, all in all. I haven't had a lot of history with this Ibanez as yet but thus far it's doing well. In fact it was almost fully in tune when I picked it up.

I'm given to understand you're not going to have all 12 strings perfect all the time, but I've also read that little bit of de-tuning that goes on is part of what makes the 12 string sound so rich.

Not sure if that helps resolve your question but thus far I'm not finding tuning to be a problem.

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic