The forum is alive with the sound of music! Is there anything holding you back from posting?

michelew

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi y’all,

In the last week or so, quite a few people have posted videos of their performances, busking, progress on learning a song and musical get togethers. The forum is alive. It’s GREAT!! It’s inspiring. And it’s just good fun.

Is there anyone out there who would like to post more or who hasn’t posted a video yet, but thinks they would like to ... maybe some day?

What’s holding you back?

Is it technical issues, equipment or know-how?
Is it time?
Is it shyness, performance anxiety and the fear of someone making an insensitive and mean comment?
Do you think you’re not “good enough”?

Is there anything that the community can help you with, like information about how to record and or post a video, that would help you overcome your hurdles?

I encourage everyone to post. For those who haven’t done it yet, the benefits of doing so far outweigh the work and the anxiety. And the more you record and post the easier it becomes.

What’s holding you back from posting?

Read you later.

Michele

daryl

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:54 am

What's holding me back? Well, for the longest time it was motivation. I (sort of) have my motivation back. But now I have no time. Lots of things are happening here AND sugaring season has begun......

neverfoundthetime

Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 am

Nothing :laugh:

TGNesh

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:41 am

Yep, time and work. Sometimes i'd like to post a video of a song just for the fun of it. But whenever i put ány work into it, i might as well turn it into a lesson. Pretty much trying to kill two birds with a stone. Hmm....i don't really like that expression, but you get the point.

So, basically i feel like i'm in general posting one every week. (as you know, most of the work, by far, is to get a decent play through) Except it's not in the busking or video for review section. ;)

In any way, i always love to see/hear videos from members of the TG-community. :)

Ness

michelew

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks for responding Daryl, Chris and Ness

Daryl - reading your post again makes me want pancakes. :). I hope the business eases up soon and you can flex your creative muscles. :)

Chris - I’m shocked!

Ness - lucky us and it’s good that you love what you do.

So... no video newbies out there?? Well if you get the itch to post something and you need help, just give us a holler.

Happy recording.

M

spinland

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:04 am

Time; both to learn a song well enough to play/sing it and to sit down and record it.

Work has hotted up to a boil (which, financially, is a good problem to have) and what odd hour or so I get for "me time" I've been spending either on a modding project or practicing the drills I get from my local instructor as I work to build my blues soloing chops. That stuff's pretty boring from a record-it perspective. :dry:

I mean to have a set list in place in time for ICG2018 but it's going to be a race. :side:

Mark

dtaylor

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:42 pm

I've tried to record a thing or two but the tech Gods have been displeased with my work and refused to allow me to record successfully. I also can't focus on just one thing to produce a finished product worthy of upload (a common problem, I'm sure). If I can get my iPad to play ball, I'd like to get something recorded... it's been too long :)

TGNesh

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Gosh.....yes, it's been too long for sure! :blink:

It has always been such a joy to watch and hear you play Dean, so please get this iPad working. :)

dtaylor wrote:
I've tried to record a thing or two but the tech Gods have been displeased with my work and refused to allow me to record successfully. I also can't focus on just one thing to produce a finished product worthy of upload (a common problem, I'm sure). If I can get my iPad to play ball, I'd like to get something recorded... it's been too long :)

michelew

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Dean - I loudly second Ness. I always enjoy your uploads. I’m definitely looking forward to the next one.

Mark - I hope the “me time” goddess is sweet to you this week. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic