Incredible machines - hands

TGNesh

Wed May 09, 2018 9:42 am

How bout you Shel? How are the hands/wrists going these days?

Still not able to play? Or trying a bit?

Personally I can't recall having experienced something like that :dry: . #knockonwood So surely lucky i guess. :)

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 09, 2018 3:32 pm

All the best Pete, all the best for the surgery and speedy recovery with LOTS of guitar time!
Chris

pbraun

Thu May 10, 2018 3:18 am

Thanks everyone, heading to the hospital now. A 5 day stay after surgery before I can come home to recover. Then hopefully figure out if I can play!

pbraun

Mon May 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Well I made it through surgery and came out on the right side. I went in to a fib and after the meds didn’t get it going correctly the went and shocked my to restart the heart. Only had to do it once so hopefully I’ll get to go home tomorrow. All in all I’m feeling fine and maybe I can try playing in a few day!
Pete

michelew

Mon May 14, 2018 7:09 pm

Pete,

It’s good to hear you’re though the worst bit and that you had the right people looking after you. I hope you fell well enough to play soon.

M

tombo1230

Mon May 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi Pete,
so you are on the mend, sounds like the engine stalled a bit, but you were well taken care of.

Won’t be Long until you are playing again. :)

Welcome back!

Tom N.

michelew

Mon May 14, 2018 10:20 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
How bout you Shel? How are the hands/wrists going these days?

Still not able to play? Or trying a bit?

Personally I can't recall having experienced something like that :dry: . #knockonwood So surely lucky i guess. :)
Hey Ness!

Thanks for asking and sorry I’ve taken so long to respond.

My hands are much better. I’m still experiencing issues but most of the time they’re feeling relatively normal. It’s nice to be able to do up buttons again without pain. Have you ever tried to do up buttons without using your thumbs? Crazy frustrating.

I’ve been busy with life stuff and haven’t had much time to play, so I just decided to give my hands a good chance to recover. I hope to give playing a go this week.

I’m really glad you haven’t experienced an injury that comprised your ability to play for any period of time. I can only image that would be really horrible for you especially as you make your living from teaching and because playing is so integral to your life.

Thanks again. I will get back to my music soon.

L

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic