TGVanessa - Happy 5th anniversary - thanks for everything!

michelew

Sat May 26, 2018 9:20 pm

TGNess,

I can’t believe it’s been five years already, that you’ve been an offical member of the TG teaching staff for more than 5 years now. Does that make it 23 May 2013 (...or 22)? But then all anyone has to do is look at the huge amount of lessons you’ve created and yep! ... it HAS to be five years. How many is that? Any idea?

I have started most of your lessons and learned many of them. I simply can’t keep up any more. It already feels like it would take me a lifetime to properly learn the ones you’ve developed. But every one of them is gold; pure gold.

We are simply blessed to have access to all of the lessons, advice and role modelling (etc) that you’ve given us. Blessed indeed. I think you complement Neil’s offerings beautifully and while Neil is obviously a teaching guru with more years of experience under his belt, I love that you bring us perspectives that are a little different because of your singing, piano, bass and drumming skills; your different taste in music and some of the different focuses you’ve had (such as minimising effort, improving efficiency and relaxing more). You’re a great teacher and partnered up with Neil you’re an unbeatable teaching team.

Happy 5th anniversary as a TG teacher Ness. Thanks for everything you’ve given us. I personally look forward to many, many more lessons.

I LOVE your work.

Shel
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

michelew

Sat May 26, 2018 9:24 pm

To the rest of the community reading this,

What’s your favourite lesson from Vanessa?

I’ve been wracking my brain.... and I really can’t decide. So many great lessons and SO many wonderful play throughs to inspire us and show us what’s possible. Lovesong is right up there for me and of course Beautiful Mess.

Ness you’ve taught us so many wonderful songs and often translated them from being piano focussed and needing many instruments to teaching us how to play them with a single guitar and voice. It’s really pretty amazing; as is your attention to detail and the the amount of effort you’ve put into them to make them so thorough. Thanks Ness!

Who’s got a clear favourite or maybe a couple they’d like to mention?

M

spinland

Sun May 27, 2018 5:18 am

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

I can’t believe it’s been five years already, that you’ve been an offical member of the TG teaching staff for more than 5 years now. Does that make it 23 May 2013 (...or 22)? But then all anyone has to do is look at the huge amount of lessons you’ve created and yep! ... it HAS to be five years. How many is that? Any idea?

I have started most of your lessons and learned many of them. I simply can’t keep up any more. It already feels like it would take me a lifetime to properly learn the ones you’ve developed. But every one of them is gold; pure gold.

We are simply blessed to have access to all of the lessons, advice and role modelling (etc) that you’ve given us. Blessed indeed. I think you complement Neil’s offerings beautifully and while Neil is obviously a teaching guru with more years of experience under his belt, I love that you bring us perspectives that are a little different because of your singing, piano, bass and drumming skills; your different taste in music and some of the different focuses you’ve had (such as minimising effort, improving efficiency and relaxing more). You’re a great teacher and partnered up with Neil you’re an unbeatable teaching team.

Happy 5th anniversary as a TG teacher Ness. Thanks for everything you’ve given us. I personally look forward to many, many more lessons.

I LOVE your work.

Shel
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Wow, I didn't realize. How very freakin' cool! CONGRATS, Ness! :woohoo:

thereshopeyet

Sun May 27, 2018 6:52 am

Hello Vanessa

Congratulations, thanks for the cool guitar lessons.
My brain hurts a lot :dry:

Dermot

:laugh:

sandysue

Sun May 27, 2018 9:55 am

Hi Vanessa.

You are an excellent teacher and I’ve enjoyed your lessons and your friendship these past 5 years. I’ve been working on one of your songs lately called “You Needed Me “. It’s a great song and a great lesson. I guess I would say my favorite lesson of yours is Shotgun Down the Avalanche for the lesson content but also because I just love that song. Keep up the great work. :) :)

Sandy

dottmcse85630

Sun May 27, 2018 10:05 am

I really love how she says in her lessons, "I expect you to know these chords", albeit very nicely.
For me her expectations are VERY high!

I really appreciate all the lessons. They are very comprehensive and touch on theory just enough, plus the artist/band background facts are interesting to know.
The only thing better would be sitting there in person! Hey that's kinda where camp comes in!

Congrats Ness, you gotta be up for a Grammy this year!

Dennis

sandysue

Sun May 27, 2018 10:06 am

Hi Dermot

You always seem to come up with the craziest Funniest pictures and videos to define the situation. Where do you get this stuff? :P you are very cleaver. I enjoy your posts. :)

Sandy

dtaylor

Sun May 27, 2018 11:02 am

'Bedshaped' has a special place in my heart; it's arranged beautifully, is a pleasure to play, and the extra mile Vanessa went to in incorporating the vocoder parts really adds a lot.

tombo1230

Sun May 27, 2018 11:19 am

Happy 5th anniversary. I don'y think I can pick just one of your lessons, there are just too many good ones. :)
More than a few suprises along the way, but nice suprises. :)
Loving your work. B) :)

Tom N.

Craig

Sun May 27, 2018 12:30 pm

Thank you for everything Vanessa! You are a true inspiration to me.

Too hard for me to pick just one favorite. However, I watch all lessons of Vanessa's, even songs I don't intend to learn, because I always pick up something new from all of them.

Let's discuss this soon! ;)

Your TG Friend,

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic