Video lessons won’t play?? - maybe you need this advice from Jameela - Chrome and Flash

michelew

Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:55 am

I’ve copied advice from another thread. I thought it would be easier to find in a separate thread.
It’s basically a video showing you how to enable Flash to resolve issues with TG videos not playing. Thanks Jameela. :)

http://tg-help-videos.s3.amazonaws.com/ ... uitars.mp4

TGVanessa wrote:
And what do you know, it worked!

Couldn't view the lessons all of a sudden. But i did remember there was a little tutorial out there (this one), which might fix the problem.

Maybe an idea to keep this thread up on the forums for anyone who all of a sudden has the same problems? I thankfully found it by putting 'chrome' in the search-box.

Just a thought. Thanks Jameela!

Ness
tgjameela wrote:
The most common reason we have for the lessons not playing is related to Flash player not being enabled on the browser you are using. We recommend using Chrome as it's the most user friendly with the site and here's a tutorial on how you can enable flash, let us know if that resolves the issue.

http://tg-help-videos.s3.amazonaws.com/ ... uitars.mp4

Thanks again!
Jameela
Of course jameela’s text had the link embedded properly but you get the picture.

Cheers

M

TGNesh

Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:49 am

Awesome, thanks Shel!!

auntlynnie

Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:10 am

Michele,
Thank you! I was thinking that my ancient mac was the problem. This fix worked perfectly and I can once again play all the videos!
Lynn

jayswett

Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:11 pm

I haven't been able to play lessons with chrome for a while now, so I checked that Flash is enabled and indeed it is. For some reason, I can play the weekly updates, and any youtube links. Not the lesson, though.

I can watch the lesson videos with internet explorer, so I have been using that for the most part when I know that I am going to TG.

I am not asking for help. Just an observation.

rickob

Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:53 pm

I checked my Chrome Flash setting. I set it to "allow" but the video lessons still will not play. Help anyone. Thanks

auntlynnie

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:20 am

Sometimes I have to re-check that setting when I have exited Chrome and then returned.

What does "Not Secure" mean (next to the exclamation point) ?

Lynn

sandysue

Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:48 pm

Thank you Michele. I wasn’t able to access my lesson videos either. That link that you posted fixed the problem for me. :) :)

Sandy

michelew

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m very glad that Jameela’s advice helped some of you.

All I did was a little cutting and pasting. But you’re very welcome.

M

martinibates

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:22 am

I've had the same problem with Chrome. For some reason at the left hand side of the address bar it has the site as not secure. If you click on that you find Flash is "Ask". If you change that to allow it will work. However, I have to do this each time I use the site.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic