An Aussie Adventure

TGNeil

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi Gang,

Sorry to have disappeared recently but as I mentioned on the last Weekly Update, I hopped a flight to Miami Beach, (oops, wrong song by...?), I mean Tasmania, a state in Australia closer to Antarctica than I realized. The occasion was a series of meetings with our fearless leader, Matt, and a team of people who have been working on a project we are involved in Tasmania.com. Now that that is up and running the team is turning their attention to our music sites. We hope to be joining the rest of the world with an updated website soon along those lines.

The adventure started Thursday, Sep. 20th with the last minute decision to fly there on Saturday, the 22nd, which got me there on Monday the 24th in the late afternoon, after about 32 hours in transit. The next few days were a blur but a great time was had reconnecting with Matt and meeting the team of brilliant folks on board. The long layovers (LA and Sydney, about 6 hours each) were pretty easy as Jameela met me in LA and we hung out together in the airport bars. We were also joined by another member of the TG family and the long breaks passed relatively quickly.

To cut ahead, with the plan being to fill in the blanks as they clear up, I got home Sunday night around 9:00PM after a 48 hour trip home, which included cancelled flights, taxis and hotel rooms courtesy of Quantas, and some napping in the Melbourne airport. I woke up Monday morning at home and pretended to go about business as usual with a few students. I think they went OK and I may be back on track soon, and will bring you details of the time in Tassie (Hobart to be specific) as the memories get processed.

So there is the short story, more to come as it reappears.

Neil

..Around The World In 80 Hours...

sandysue

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:07 am

Sounds like a fun adventure Neil. I would love to have seen Tasmania. It sounds like we also have some more exciting new changes to look forward to for our TG web site as well. :) :)

Sandy

familyman4

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:51 pm

You are the new Tasmanian Devil Neil. Around the globe in "not so record" speed but still, I appreciate all of your efforts with keeping the site remodel moving forward.

Glad you are back in the U.S. safe and sound....

Bart

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Glad you survived the 80 hours of travel Neil.... can't believe you took that upon yourself for a short trip! but glad you got out there to see Matt and Tassy... a place I have always wanted to visit. Looking forward to hear more....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic