Who can beat this? What’s the longest song title in YOUR song library?

mweston

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:12 am

"Jeremiah Peabody's Poly Unsaturated Quick Dissolving Fast Acting Pleasant Tasting Green and Purple Pills
" - Ray Stevens

104 characters, 14 words

Not in my library, but holding the Guinness Book of Records for longest song title when I was in my youth: "I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with My Honolulu Mama Doin' Those Beat-o, Beat-o Flat-On-My-Seat-o, Hirohito Blues" - Hoagy Carmichael
152 characters

(I memorized the title just because it held that record. :) )

michelew

Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:43 am

Mark,

That’s a couple of doozies! And that’s a HELL of a memory you have there.

There are other even longer ones, but some artists (not in my library) seem to revel in long titles. It must drive their producers bonkers. :)

Chris - cool
Pierre - another excellent example.

Thanks for playing my silly game guys. :)

michelew

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:38 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
She Was Waitin' For Her Mother At The Station In Torino And You Know I Love You Baby But It's Getting Too Heavy To Laugh (or "Woman")

25 words, 96 letters, and the whole album (Shawn Phillips - Second Contribution) is very well worth a listen :)

Pierre

Pierre - I really enjoyed that - very evocative, very moody. Except I got music wipelash when the video stopped suddenly. :).

It’s funny how music can sound like a time. I was thinking this has to be from the 70’s and sure enough 1970. The bass, his style of singing, probably a hundred factors I’m not even conscious of. Thanks for the intro. to Shawn Phillips.

And a big hello. :)

M

michelew

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:46 am

7645slug wrote:
michelew wrote:
Excellent example Tom. Yep I definitely reckon that one fits in the ‘stupidly-long’ category. B)

They must have had a giggle when creating it. :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :P
I assume that they had more than just a giggle when they recorded the song.

Tom,

I just listened to this and now I understand. B) they must have had a hoot making it. I would have. :silly:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic