Hello, hello - who’s out there and what would you like to see more of on the forum.

TGNesh

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:06 pm

Are you referring to lessons Willem??

I thought we were talking about forum member participation. Or do you think that forum members should add more info on that? :dry:

willem wrote:
More info on the vocal lines.
More info on second guitar parts
More info for lead parts.

And I like old acoustic blues.

W. B)

michelew

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:02 am

willem wrote:
More info on the vocal lines.
More info on second guitar parts
More info for lead parts.

And I like old acoustic blues.

W. B)

Hi Willem. Thanks for responding.

Ness is right of course, though I did imply in my list of ldeas that you might consider official threads too I guess. Regardless, your requests are there for the Teachers’ consideration.

Looks like lots of people are interested in seeing more video uploads from members. Are you working on anything you’re planning on sharing anytime soon?

Chris - warriors. :)

Shel

spinland

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi, guys!

I feel like I was rather active here once upon a time, and I also feel that activity has lapsed.

Why?

Nothing more complicated than how life has been out my way. I've spread myself far too thin professionally and, while music has been my lifeline of sanity amidst the turmoil, my attention has been focused locally. I'm playing out weekly and expanding my "musical presence" in the local open mic scene, but that draws my focus away from other areas, like being active at TG. I only have so much time and energy to spend.

I've taken steps to reduce my professional workload but I'm still on tap for far too much over the next several months. Looking forward to a slightly more sane lifestyle.

Mark

michelew

Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:33 pm

Thanks for responding Mark. Yes I’ve definitely been spreading myself too thin too; due to work especially.

It’s good to see you getting more active again and seeing you achieving your goals.

M

spinland

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:26 pm

michelew wrote:
Thanks for responding Mark. Yes I’ve definitely been spreading myself too thin too; due to work especially.

It’s good to see you getting more active again and seeing you achieving your goals.

M
Thanks, Shel! After mid-May I'll no longer be teaching at University; I concluded the workload far exceeds the compensation and tendered my resignation effective the end of the current semester. My main studio project will, after this month, be reduced to a 25% level of effort (roughly 10 hours a week) so that will also reduce my workload. I do have a new feature film popping up on my radar (the producer just left me voice mail saying they had funding but I haven't spoken with him yet) so there's that but even so I expect this Summer to see my work-stress level going way, way down. Fingers crossed!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic