How are you doing? Check in here......

michelew

Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi everyone,

It’s good to hear people here are doing OK.

Everyday we’re hearing more and more worrying things about what’s going on for you people in the US, UK, Spain, Italy and. Europe generally. My thoughts are with you.

Sydney and Oz generally has also been affected. Social distancing measures are getting tighter by the day here, but people are now complying pretty well and it’s making a difference. Our daily new infection numbers are starting to drop in each state. It’s providing hope here. Most people are staying home and finding healthy ways to cope. Even the toilet paper scarcity is being resolved :)

Having said that, some people are definitely doing it tough, especially in rural areas where they’ve had to deal with drought, bushfires, floods and now losing their jobs, ... and getting sick. New measures are coming in to support people who need it. Hopefully it will tide them over.

My days are weird. I’m up ‪around 7am‬. I log onto work soon after, work til ‪around 6:30‬ or later, walk Kaylee, cook and eat dinner, watch a little Tele, fall asleep on the lounge, go to bed and then wake up ‪at around 7am‬ to start it all over again. 

Work is even more intense. My department is an essential service and we’re having to deal with new issues at break neck speed. It’s a constant juggle to deal with the next  crisis, while adapting to a new corporate structure that means I now have 5 people to task instead of almost 20.... but we’re doing ok too. 

We’re finding new ways to stay socially connected at a distance. We’re getting great at online video conferences.

I’m not playing. Good to hear you all are. While writing this I’m listening to Eva Cassidy. It’s making me think I need to get back to playing. Yeh... I need to. 

Kev thanks for the shout out. Love you too :) xxx I hope you and your family are doing ok. Stay safe.

And big virtual hugs to everyone. Be sweet to yourselves and each other. We’ll get through this terrible time by supporting each other. We’re all in it together all over the world, regardless of whether we can be together physically.

Love

Shel

p_keogh666

Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:53 am

From Ottawa, capital city of your neighbouring country to the north. All's well thankfully. City, Province, Country for that matter, pretty much told to isolate and I'm working from home I'm lucky I can do that, my daughter who lives with us is recent nursing grad and RN is working the General Hospital - fairly stressful and long days but she's good. No gatherings of groups more than five, today they will start to issue fines for violators. On the upside, getting more guitar time in. Working on TG's Pentatonic Scales and Patterns - never really understood this but these lessons are making sense - actually look forward to practice. Best to all, PK

pfiske

Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:38 am

Hey, Lynn, and all the TG family. Hope everyone is well and staying isolated. I am back home in FL but having just returned from Missouri where my mother passed away the end of March at 96 years young, not from the virus. I am self-quarantining for 14 days due to the drive half way across the country and back. I wouldn’t get on an airplane.

I am focusing on practicing and projects around the house. I’ve been watching the great musicians performing from their living rooms. If that isn’t inspiring I don’t know what is. Sad note that John Prine has died. You and I have covered at least one of his songs, Angel From Montgomery at IGC, and Ron Binding and I performed In Spite of Ourselves. Bless you John Prine for some great songs, and Rest In Peace.

I visited IGC Central in January before all this craziness started. Had lessons with Neil, Jim Bruno, and Dave Nachmanoff. Was a wonderful learning opportunity. This all in connection with attending a Martin Taylor Workshop in nearby Benicia, CA. I am definitely not worthy of being in the same room with Martin Taylor while holding my guitar. We played and sang together. He is a true gentleman.

I hope you are able to concentrate on your music and not be too distracted by the goings on around us. Best to all, and stay healthy.
Paulette F.

crieniecat

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:33 pm

HI all,

Paulette sorry to hear about your mum passing away, my sincere condoleances.

Here in Weesp-Holland the Streets are empty as soon as the dark sets in. It's so quiet, really so different to not hear all the usual rural sounds. And on the other hand, it's also quite refreshing in the morning to only hear the birds singing away, now they have the whole stage for themself ;)

So, yes I've caught the flu, and am recovered by now. I can truly say I have a good health, no problems usually. That helped a lot.
I haven't been hospitalised, so lucky. It took me a while to connect the dots (and mostly to admit) that i got infected, probably during travelling. Symptoms for me were, headache, feeling dizzy, heartrate going up, not clear or being able to focus, sweating, joint and muscle pains all over the body, an immense shortage of energy and this all slowly builds up untill you find you're having breathing problems too! Then it becomes very scary…!

Luckily with all this going on in the world, I was assigned to work from home on Fridays, flying back home on Sunday, feeling unwell on Monday so called in sick. Which means I wasn't in contact and haven't infected anyone else here in my inner circle.... pppffffiew. I stayed in my house for about three weeks. And now in the 5th week of being at home, I can finally say I'm recovered :woohoo:

Tips: Drink lots of fresh ginger tea with fresh lemon (loads of Vitamine C is a pre)
Do breathing exercises, preventive, all good, it strengthens your lungs.
4 sec inhale
5 sec hold breath
7 sec exhale

At the moment we are experiencing wonderful Sunny weather, so I'm in the garden as much as possible basking in the sun, vitamine d ;) , listening to music and talking to my cat and enjoying the rare occasion when my teenage son comes out of the office/study room to greet me. Online schooling... well, he really misses his friends, and not being able to hang out at school, his sports and his work.. :laugh:

Great to hear so many of you are handling this as good and positive as possible.
Be well and stay in good health :kiss:
Corina. :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic