RIP John Prine

Rbinding

Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:00 pm

I'm so sorry to see that John Prine passed away today from complications of Covid 19. He was 73 years old and had recovered from a number of health issues over the years. His songs have both touched me and been a source of inspiration since the early "70s. I saw him in concert last December and a year ago December. While he had aged, he still brought tears to my eyes while he performed songs over his career and many from his first album. He is the singer-songwriter that has most influenced my life and while I will miss him, his words will stay with me for the rest of my life. I hope he is having a vodka and a ginger ale and smoking a cigarette 9 miles long, as in his song "When I Get to Heaven" on his last album, The Tree of Forgiveness!

Rest in Peace, my friend,

Ron

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Another sad day in guitar playing land. Another one bites the dust, sadly. R.I.P John Prine.

auntlynnie

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:10 am

I, too, loved John Prine's songs. They were so accessible - 3 or 4 chords, and anyone could sing them. I guess he meant them to be that way. And they seemed so simple, but they held such meaning - I think most everyone has been touched by one of his songs.
It is hard to lose him.
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic