Soul food

michelew

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:50 pm

Hi everyone,

After the loving insistence of Ness and David, today I picked up a guitar and played for the first time in too many months to admit here. It felt good. My heart feels better. It’s good therapy for right now especially; soul food.

I’ll try to incorporate it back into my day, little by little while my finger tips toughen up again.

It’s good having friends that remind us what we need. I’m blessed.

What are your soul foods at the moment?

Shel

TGNesh

Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:39 am

Love to hear you're back at it Shel! :cheer: And that it's really lifting you up too. Good therapy for sure.

Nothing new for me these days, since my days are for a big part more or less the same. So like always i play the guitar a lot, which is always soul food. The only difference maybe is that i'm not actively working on lessons, since we're still not moving here.

So I love to just play whatever comes to mind. :) One song that i got a little obsessed over lately was a dutch song called 'Onderweg'. I recorded and posted a video of it on social media, so it's finally off my chest. Now on to the next 'obsession', whatever that may be. :laugh:

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:04 am

Hi Shel, great to know you are looking after your soul needs and playing again. Bring back the joy :) . Where's the hug imoji when you need it?

Soul food this week was looking back at videos from my 2018 trip to Ca. and camp. So many magical moments! So many wonderful people! So many great songs played together! So much to be grateful for that TG has given me. :laugh:

Be well!

auntlynnie

Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:13 am

Michele,
So glad you picked up the guitar again. I will always fondly recall playing together both at Camp and at your place in Sydney back in October, 2019 (what a long time ago that seems now) And I hope we get to do that again some day.

My Soul Food at the moment is also playing guitar. A friend has challenged me to learn nineteen new songs during this Stay-at-Home time. I'm calling this list the Quarantine Nineteen. As this challenge was proposed, I happened to have a Neil Young songbook nearby, so at the moment, Neil Young music is my Soul Food. Like a Hurricane, The Loner, and Helpless so far and it makes me so happy to play them!

Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic