Aug 24, 2009: Thoughts on Improvised Play Throughs

AcousticAl

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi Gang,

It has been a very interesting week and I hope to get you more of the details soon. As many of you know, I have been on the Big Island (Hawaii) on a mission that is very hard for parents. I was delivering my 18 year old daughter Rebecca, to college in Hilo. Now there are many reasons to be thankful for being able to spend time in such a beautiful place but this was a different kind of trip. I am still sorting out the details and emotions but I do have some news that should be of interest to our TG members.

First, to follow a saying and take some advice such as, "When in Rome..." I can let you know that there are some musical opportunities available here that are not really happening anywhere else in the world. And since I rarely travel anywhere without my guitar and camera, much of the adventure will be appearing here soon.

I have been able (occasionally) to check in on the Forum and am thrilled by some of the cool happenings here. I also realized that I need to address a concern that keeps coming up regarding improvised play through segments. Here is a short video I though might express my feelings and plans on the subject.

[video type=youtube][/video]