Aug 26, 2009: Moondance, Pay Per View, TG Live

piknleft

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:21 am

Hi Gang,

Today we have added Van Morrison’s Moondance to the TARGET Program. This short lesson goes over a percussive rhythm vamp done fingerstyle, switching into a pattern strummed with a pick, which is also used to play the bass riff in the chorus. It includes what I call the ‘hidden pick trick’, which is a technique to quickly change from playing with fingers to playing with a pick, without missing a beat or fumbling around for the pick.

TG Live on Saturday

Our next episode of TG Live will be Saturday, August 29 at noon in California (PDT). We hope this will be a good time around the world as that will be 9:00 PM in Europe, 8:00 PM in the UK, 3:00 PM in New York, and bright and early Sunday morning across the Pacific- 5:00 AM in much of Australia and 7:00 AM in NZ. We will talk about some of the recent additions to the TARGET Program, as well as anything else our members would like to bring up. I hope everybody can make it. If you can’t, we will have the show archived a day or so later as usual.

Pay Per Lesson

I hope anybody who has not joined the TARGET Program knows that we are now single lessons available to purchase for a one time charge of $14.95. This will give you complete lifetime access to whichever song(s) you like. This can be a great way to test drive the TARGET Program without making a monthly commitment. It might also be a good choice if you are they type who likes to work diligently on a single song until you get it mastered, which easily could take more than a month with many of the songs. The Pay Per Lesson link is under the TG Videos menu.

That’s it for now, although now that the summer is coming to an end, I will be getting back to more frequent updates here on the Blog, as well as on the Forum. Hopefully everybody can get back in the habit of checking here for news.

Stay tuned & in touch,

Neil