Totally Guitars Daily Acoustic Guitar News 4/6/10

TGMike

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:59 pm

[video type=youtube]Ao-s1Oa-yGs[/video]

mark

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:35 pm

I know the answer to the George Harrison LP question.

It's Living in the Material World
and the inscriptions are HARE KRSNA and HARE RAMA

I still have the LP but unfortunately like most of my records it's in a pretty bad state.

pbraun

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:48 am

Heres my stab at the trivia question. This question has bugged me since it was posted. So finally this weekend had a little time to dig up some of Georges stuff. My turntable no longer works so that was no help. I did pull the album and it looks like the run off is there. Here it goes...
Mark was on the right track, it is on Living In The Matrial World LP in fact that song. On the new released version, George says the are jokes in the song, on the LP version the lyric pages also states "Big Finish" So I think he was telling us all along.
Here is what it said.. "Hope to get out of this place...by the LORD SRI KRISNA'S GRACE. No matter how good you are you still need "grace to get out. You can be a yogi or a monk but without God's grace you still can't make it." These are different that the words in the lyrics in the song and in the booklet with the box set it lists the lyrics and then says "also".
This album was pretty preachy but was one of my favorites, in fact I am sliding ober to song request and asking for "Give Me Love". I think this is also in I,ME,MINE, but I lost that book awhile ago so it was alittle research and deduction
involved without true verification.
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic