Totally Guitars Daily Video News April 8, 2010

TGMike

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:58 pm

[video type=youtube]JN--XB-dXBc[/video]

AndyT

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:32 pm

LOL Anytime I hear the word "suits" I start thinking Feds. LOL Too much TV as a kid.

jimcjimc

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Since you asked, here goes...

The music at noon http://www.scu.edu/cpa/musicatnoon.cfm session yesterday with Neil was a lot of fun. Since Neil mentioned it in his Monday video news of the day and I had some free time, I thought I would drop by as it is only about 20 minutes from where I live.

I had seen Neil in concert last October with Keola Beamer and that was a blast! Seeing Neil in an informal setting playing and chatting with the college students was a lot of fun. I assume the class is some sort of music appreciation class - a lot of really cute girls in the class, maybe I should go to some future sessions.

The class seemed a bit shy - Neil encouraged them to ask some questions. The first question was about flamenco guitar and Neil proceeded to play a snippet of a flamenco song he said he hadn't played in about 30 years - I am amazed how anyone can remember so many songs.

As Neil mentioned, he played about half a dozen recent target songs, including Signe, Hey Hey, Hula Blues, Linus & Lucy, Here Comes the Sun...

All in all a pleasant way to spend a lunch hour. Oh, I wasn't surprised by the Hawaiian shirt and the bare feet, but I was surprised when Neil used an electric tuner to check his re-tunings for Linus & Lucy - I thought he only tuned by ear.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:22 pm

All in all a pleasant way to spend a lunch hour. Oh, I wasn't surprised by the Hawaiian shirt and the bare feet, but I was surprised when Neil used an electric tuner to check his re-tunings for Linus & Lucy - I thought he only tuned by ear.
I think Neil was calibrating his electric tuner by ear Jim..... :-)

tovo

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Sounds like it was a blast. They were lucky to have a player of Neil's standard in such a setting. Now...can I hear a little more about the really cute girls please??

haoli25

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Neil, I hope your schedule will permit you to teach that class. I don't think you will regret it.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic