Guitar News April 20, 2010

TGMike

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:21 pm

[video type=youtube]ROu-sWCOvq8[/video]

izzyhara

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:44 pm

First of all, Neil, you are SO adorable. I guess I have a little bit of a crush - you are my superstar. Loved the whole story as, for me anyway, the Carpenters version of this song got the most air play, so it is the one I am most familiar with.

There are probably a few people on this site who don't know what you mean by "flip side." It's pretty fun to recap all the things that have changed through our music lifetime. LPs, 33's, 45's - I remember having my own "record player" and we had to rubber band a nickel onto the tone arm so that it would play through the skips. lol

Kudos for thinking about some easier finger picking songs. I am a pretty good finger picker, but am rusty, so I have been enjoying the easier stuff as I refresh up my skills. I mentioned on my wall that I need to spend less time on the forum and more time actually playing. But you keep me coming back here everyday, and for that, I thank you.

Hope to meet all you guys in person one day, and make a pilgrimage to the place that generates so much value for me. Izzy

basprelli

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:30 am

hey neil here is a live performance of rita doing superstar, just thought the fans would like to see it.:)

Superstar (4/17/70 / Set 1 / Live At Santa Monica Civic Auditorium)
by Rita Coolidge
From the album:
Mad Dogs & Englishmen - 2005

jimcjimc

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Here's Rita & Kris K doing Help Me Make it Through the Night

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic