TGMike

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:32 pm

[video type=youtube]Fd6PSBMuZ-4[/video]

dtaylor

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Brother Can You Spare a Dime?

izzyhara

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:40 pm

I don't know if you really care to hear from us, but I am totally okay with your doing the daily news less than daily.... weekly is just fine with me. But you need to take notes so that you can catch us up on everything that happened during the week. I've watched you.... you will forget !! See ya.... Happy May !!

sbutler

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Neil,

I've often wondered how you found the time to do everything you were doing, so an update, once a week is really fine.

As for your request about "learning connections", I don't know if this is what your looking for, however I have a good example of how learning one song in my skill level, allowed me to stretch myself to tackle something much, much harder.

The more I learn songs from Clapton, the more I realize, he had chords that he used on a regular basis, for several songs. Learning the chords of "Tears in Heaven" and "Layla", allowed me to take a huge leap from my skill level, to try Signe.

Many of the same chords, just different tempo's. I am progressing much faster in Signe, than I ever dreamed possible, and familiarity with those chords have to be part of the reason. Maybe, I'm becoming a little better at playing this wonderful little Seagull that Santa brought me. However learning to finger chords in those previously mentioned songs, have certainly helped in the new one.

Ultimately, that's what learning is all about eh?

Thanks for your way of teaching. I'm a fan.

Scott Butler

TGMatt

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:06 pm

sbutler wrote:
Neil,

I've often wondered how you found the time to do everything you were doing, so an update, once a week is really fine.

As for your request about "learning connections", I don't know if this is what your looking for, however I have a good example of how learning one song in my skill level, allowed me to stretch myself to tackle something much, much harder.

The more I learn songs from Clapton, the more I realize, he had chords that he used on a regular basis, for several songs. Learning the chords of "Tears in Heaven" and "Layla", allowed me to take a huge leap from my skill level, to try Signe.

Many of the same chords, just different tempo's. I am progressing much faster in Signe, than I ever dreamed possible, and familiarity with those chords have to be part of the reason. Maybe, I'm becoming a little better at playing this wonderful little Seagull that Santa brought me. However learning to finger chords in those previously mentioned songs, have certainly helped in the new one.

Ultimately, that's what learning is all about eh?

Thanks for your way of teaching. I'm a fan.

Scott Butler
Simply I cloned him 3 times..and their are 3 Neils..

phil_acoustic

Sun May 02, 2010 12:46 pm

I'd love to see some Radiohead lessons. Paranoid Android is a song that I've looked at the tabs for several times and always been frustrated by.

Thanks.

sbutler

Sun May 02, 2010 4:02 pm

Hmmm, that explains a lot then.

Must be why he's never wearing the same tropical shirt!

hanshess

Sun May 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Neil:

You may know but there is some type of reflection on your guitar during your broadcast. It is rather distracting. Keep up the great work. Love the site and the target program.

Hans

gharn

Mon May 03, 2010 10:54 am

only 17 sec plays - then it stops

TGMatt

Mon May 03, 2010 11:54 am

gharn wrote:
only 17 sec plays - then it stops
Not sure why you would b having a problem, have checked this on youtube, and here, no issues, and no other tickets in about it....

Maybe let it buffer somemore from youtube ?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic