Guitar News September 10, 2010

TGMike

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:27 pm

[video type=youtube]uL0G32VGRLw[/video]

caymandiver55

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Neil, You need a maple neck telecaster. Certainly an occasional lesson and lead part, like Sultans of Swing, would be great here. Many thanks !

beaker

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Neil, I noticed that you released a Jimmy Buffet song in open G..... so maybe the hint is that there is more of that to come? ...... The Water Song by Jorma K maybe? Either that or you are going to release some more easy campfire tunes..... (doubt that)

gchapel

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:01 am

Do it, Neil.!

Buy one of the new 2010 American deluxe Strats. They are a wonderfully expressive blues&rock electric.
I have ulterior motives. I would love for you to put up a few electric guitar lessons, as I find it hard to play my electric guitar like I play my acoustic. It seems to take a different technique for mute control and attack on the strings. I play my acoustic pretty hard and it sounds great but the electric takes a very light touch. Also stray string noise doesn't seem to bother me much on an acoustic,while on a gained up electric it sounds horrific.

In addition, many modern songs have electric leads and while your acoustic lessons are great, they usually deal more with rhythm and finger picking patterns rather than, string bending, long sustaining, hot guitar leads of an electric.

It is hard to find lessons from a classically trained professional, such as yourself, online. Most e electric online lessons are presented by kids with backward hats shredding dreadful licks on a distorted guitar, rather than playing quality blues like Clapton or the juicy expressive leads of a George Harrison / David Gilmour.

willem

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:10 am

I would buy me a ''les paul'' then learn a view lessons and after that i make me a unplugged version.lol, I do love to know how to touch a electric,,i borrow'd ones a electric and when i only looked at it it began to weep..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic