>> The Guitar Chronicles - Episode 1 - '"The beginning"

willem

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:54 am

Really nice,,,Rick can be proud on his son,,i love the line'''how wonderful life is when you're in the world''....(Elton John,,''your song'')

TGMatt

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:15 am

willem wrote:
Really nice,,,Rick can be proud on his son,,i love the line'''how wonderful life is when you're in the world''....(Elton John,,''your song'')
When I started the script and characters fleshed out, I had to first talk to Neil in a way that he would not be able to discern the project I was cooking up, so over a period of time I had to talk around stuff, in interconnecting pieces..The words to this song and the Yes Song, the times for both tunes, then the characters..Once this was extracted I then fleshed out the panels, who said what , what each was doing, little details then Matt G did a draft of the drawing, then I tweaked it, then he finished the draft, I gave him final text and then he finished the drawings with a permanency and added the colour to the agreed panel..

I sometimes think it would be easier with more words..hard to tell a story in just pictures and very little else sometimes..definitely takes some thought that is for sure..

Cannot wait to see what Matt G can draw for me in the upcoming episodes I have planned...can anyone spell Spandex...

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:28 am

This is just GREAT guys! Way to go Matt and er, Matt. This is turning out like a Monty P. Sketch where everyone is called Matt. I guess it's better to call MattG Little Bear instead. You cracked me up this morning...

TGMike with...
For Neil = Tom Selek (Experience with mustache and Hawaiian shirts)

For Matt = Hugh Jackman (He's from Australia, can do the accent)
Matt & Little Bear for the excellent cartoon

Chas for the Spiderman with guitar

Andy with his comic-book comments.

So, welcome Little Bear your dad can be proud of you!

And Matt, did Little Bear realise the pressure he would soon be under to name-drop or feature just about every member on TG in at least one episode?!

AndyT

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:04 am

I was thinking we could get Tommy E to play Matt, but nah.... He's too tall! It would never work.

MarkM

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:52 am

Very cool!!! I really like the all these new directions the site is taking. I envy you as you can put your dreams into action.

Welcome Matt G. You have some great talent here. Can't wait to see the next installment.

MarkM

RicksPick

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Cool guys, love the comic.

Welcome MattG

So what do you call a group of Matts??

RicksPick

AndyT

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:36 pm

A mess of Matts?

BigBear

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks all for your comments on the Little Bear. Much appreciated and I'm very proud of that young man for many reasons besides his artwork.

First, and he'll kill me for this, but I should tell you that his real nickname is "Moose". Everyone, including his whole family, calls him this. It comes from the fact that he was a 10 pound baby and our next door neighbor saw him and commented "Oh my God, he's a Moose!". It's been all down hill from there, but Matt loves his nickname I think. So we've got several of the hairy forest animals covered now! lol!

Matt should do his own introduction but this kid has had a drawing pad and pencil in his hand since he was a very little boy. When his older brother wanted Transformers or some other worthless pieces of over-priced plastic for Christmas, Matt wanted new drawing pads or special pencils.

Moose graduated from the Pacific Northwest College of Art in 2008 with a BFA in Illustration. His goal is to be a full time comic book artist and he is already drawing characters for some major comic companies. He hopes to move from smaller "piece" work to full time work as soon as possible.

I'm speaking for him again but this TG gig is a real opportunity for him to spread his wings a bit and get to know a bunch of his old man's friends!

Matt has a really cool Seagull guitar so you all should give him grief to start playing it again! It doesn't play itself sitting in the closet!! lol!

Thanks again for the kind words but Moose's artist talent didn't come from me. I'm an engineer so I do real well with straight lines and block letters! In fact, I can't even draw a good Stickman! lol!

Cheers! :cheer:

tom18

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:28 pm

The art is created by one of the TG family Matt Grigsby, and if that name is unfamiliar to you, perhaps the words "junior Bear" may help ...

Yes Matt Grigsby is Rick's son, and he is quite a talent...

Congrats to young Matt and Papa Bear as well. An enjoyable first installment.
Tom

Chasplaya

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:52 pm

RicksPick wrote:

So what do you call a group of Matts??

RicksPick
A carpett ?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic