>> Acoustic Snapshots-Episode 18 - Tommy Emmanuel gives TG Matt a brief lesson

TGMatt

Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:38 pm

In this episode of Acoustic Snapshots Tommy Emmanuel gives TG Matt a short lesson around the Chet Atkins song "still can't say goodbye"

A little embarrassed that I am so bad here..but I can say at least now down the track I can now play this song in it's entirety so some of his magic rubbed off..

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/acoustics ... esson.html

. Image

BobR

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Matt,

Nice snapshot. I must admit I am a bit jealous, two fantastic teachers at once. No pressure there huh :laugh:

Thanks for that post

Bob

haoli25

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Matt, you must be the luckiest guitar player on the planet. To have a private lesson with Tommy Emmanuel and Neil Hogan in the same room is the stuff that dreams are made of. Great clip.

Bill

ffsooo3

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:55 am

Interesting to hear that Tommy sometimes "hits walls" too. Only thing is when Tommy hits a wall he smashes it to smithereens! Me, I just poke a little hole in it. :(

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:44 am

Here's a little shout out to Matt.

That clip is, for guitar players like us, just stunning. In a private setting with one of the great guitar players and a master teacher getting some private teaching on a favourite song. Bill's right, it's what dreams are made of. The point I'd like to make is that Matt Williams doesn't just dream (like the rest of us) he goes out and brings his dreams into the world. He's creating his own reality and filling it with some of his favourite things (cue Julie Andrews please). Matt lives BIG and that takes balls (like playing in front of Tommy Emanuel!). And that's why we are all here enjoying TG and Neil and Tommy and and and...

So Matt, way to go! You are a real inspiration and an awe inspiring dude!

willem

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:19 am

Matt mate,,two thumbs!!! they don't take this away from you,,maybe you had to switch guitars..

TGMatt

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:00 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Here's a little shout out to Matt.

That clip is, for guitar players like us, just stunning. In a private setting with one of the great guitar players and a master teacher getting some private teaching on a favourite song. Bill's right, it's what dreams are made of. The point I'd like to make is that Matt Williams doesn't just dream (like the rest of us) he goes out and brings his dreams into the world. He's creating his own reality and filling it with some of his favourite things (cue Julie Andrews please). Matt lives BI and that takes balls (like playing in front of Tommy Emanuel!). And that's why we are all here enjoying TG and Neil and Tommy and and and...

So Matt, way to go! You are a real inspiration and an awe inspiring dude!

Thx so much Chris for those very kind words, this site and most of the folk here are a dream for me..

I hope we can bring you all much much more joy in the coming months and years maybe even?..

So much more I want to do here..

Thx again

Chasplaya

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Whilst I am envious of you Matt, I'm not jealous ... Why because this is the kind of thing that sets this site apart... This is quite unique and you (we) feel like a part of this ... almost as if we are there... hard to put into words really...Thinking in my old military parlance you guys have established a certain degree of esprit de corps which makes coming here daily a joy. Long may it continue. Newer members may not quite get it...yet anyway but i am sure they will

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Stupid typo... I meant to say...

Matt lives BIG

not BI ! Duh!

AndyT

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Incredible! Next time you plan a party like that, try and have it here in Hawaii so I can attend please. That must have been thrilling! What a memory. That's one to savor slowly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic