>> Makin Music - Episode 1 - Highlights of "Makin Music"

TGMatt

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Announcing our very newest video column - Makin Music with special thanks to Guitar showcase

Today is Episode 1 of "Makin Music"

Neil told me a little story about his younger days in Los Gatos and how one of his favorite haunts as a teenager was a San Jose music store called Guitar Showcase. They started their business in 1965 in an old house not far from Neil's. He and his friends loved to go down there to admire and wish for great guitars, mostly Martins and Fenders (on the electric side), but also Yamaha, Guild, Gretsch, Gibson and a few other brands.

Over the last 45 years they have turned into a Bay Area institution and Neil and I had a chance to visit them recently. We met with the owner, Gary Wineroth, and a couple of folks who had worked with Gary for a few decades, Dan Aronie and Jack van Breen. As we compared notes and experiences we really connected and thought we needed to share a bit of some things we discovered there.

As we continue expanding our TG horizons, we are happy to be able to bring you episodes of their show Makin' Music. They cover all kinds of musical events, gear, history, musicians, etc. So with thanks to everyone at Guitar Showcase ...here is Episode 1

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/makinmusi ... music.html

. Image

Hydroman52

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:45 am

Wow! What a neat show. It must have been quite an experience hanging out at this place. They certainly know some interesting people. I really like this stuff.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic