>> Acoustic Snapshots Epsisode 38 - Neil Hogan - Abstracts

TGMatt

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:39 pm

Today's episode of Acoustic Snapshots is called "abstracts"

Today we are introducing what might become an occasional series of videos that Neil calls 'Abstracts.' Many times when he sits down to play the guitar he just starts messing around with chord progressions and melodies.

These improvised, personal moments can go in many directions with many moods. They might wander from place to place before settling into excerpts from recognizable tunes, they might seem like a completely random array of notes and chords, they could become a focused practice session, or head in any other direction.

He is not in the habit of recording these but since video has become such a part of his life he might make a habit of this. Let us know what you think.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/acousticsnapshots/

. Image

ffsooo3

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:11 pm

I think the idea (and video) is fantastic. Great to see Neil noodling. Lots of food for thought!

lueders

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:13 pm

This is SO awesome!!! (Please, please, do more of these.) This got really Zen-Daddy...(This was like the best free-form Ferlinghetti or Ginsberg poems.. ) Just great to see someone of Neil's caliber intuitively stream all this stuff together seamlessly!!!

wrench

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:35 pm

What do I think? I think anytime there's a video of music escaping through Neil's fingers, I am one grateful TG'er when you throw it our way!

That was spectacular, and I think there's a lot there students can glean from such an abstract session. Thanks for letting us in on this.

rsg99

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:05 pm

I like..... :)

millponddave

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:58 pm

Oh ya, I could listen to that all day, but then I wouldn't get any practicing done myself. Oh well, small price to pay

Dave

cosmicmechanic

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Playing that long and so fluidly is really speaking the language of music.

Pierre

slinger

Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:26 am

....has that been transcribed yet? lol

nicely done, ....there is a wealth of music, compassion and understanding being expressed in Neal's noodling montage. Bravo!!

Thanks for letting us tap into your world!

MarkM

Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:54 am

Please excuse me while I pick up my jaw from the floor.........

Neil that was just amazing. I loved the chord progressions you were using. Nice the way you left us hanging at the end as well.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic